Tartarus [63]

Writing is hard sometimes, man. I mean, the writing part is what I do it all for, so it's less like the writing part is hard, but the uploading part is draining.

Still, I know there are some of us who really enjoy what has been crafted, and I have no intention of leaving this story to just sit and collect dust. I still really love what I've created here!

So, here's the next chapter of Dual Leveling! There's still more to come!

Oh yeah, if you guys want a new chapter, just... be annoying. I had this chapter sitting around for essentially two months, but I just didn't want to upload it until now. If you guys show a desire to read, I'll make sure you guys have some stuff to read.

Okay, enjoy.

-----

Just as (Y/n) entered Ashborn's Overrun Lab, in New York city there was a sudden shift.

Su-Ho, the Sovereign of Hunters, lingered underneath the World's Largest Gate. However, the only other Divine Five member was Faust. The other three members, Kail, Matrikiano, and Thomas, were nowhere to be found.

Despite publicly stating that the Divine Five would stay in New York, Su-Ho had sent Matrikiano and Kail off to handle some sensitive issues. They respected his decision and acted accordingly. Thomas Andre, on the other hand, refused to follow any orders, and went off to do his own thing.

"Master Su-Ho, I don't understand why you give that man the benefit of the doubt. He's reckless, irresponsible, and he refuses to give you the respect you deserve. He's simply.... Ugh!" Faust growled, receiving a small laugh from Su-Ho.

Faust was currently sitting with his eyes closed, his attention spread between thousands of Golems, checking on their statuses all around the world. Su-Ho was doing some push-ups to pass the time.

The Sovereign of Hunters rose to a handstand casually, holding himself up on one hand shortly after, "That rather obnoxious man... has the potential to be a true protector. He was once an ally of my father."

Faust's attention was stripped away from his Golems as he opened his eyes in abrupt shock. "Your father? But, Master, how could Andre be connected to —"

There was a whirr of energy, and then, right in front of Su-Ho and Faust, a white Gate appeared.

As far as Gates were concerned, shades of blue were fairly typical, while red was completely atypical. It was why Red Gates were such a feared phenomenon, while they were still actively a threat.

Therefore, something like a White Gate was a complete anomaly. That anomaly set Su-Ho and Faust on edge. Su-Ho came to his feet, and in a flash of light, two ice-white daggers appeared in his hands.

Faust's eyes widened at the blades. 'Kamish's Wrath?! But Master Su-Ho hasn't used those since he killed Kamish...! Is this threat truly the level of an Ancient Dragon?'

From the Gate, a nine-foot-tall man formed of pure metal strolled through. His clothes were quite royal, embroidered with gold and silver in complicated symbols. Floating above his head was a winged crown, which radiated impressive energy. His silver hair hung to the back of his neck.

The man's striking orange eyes flicked around the area, observing the environment. He didn't give Su-Ho or Faust any more attention than the stoplights and windows. He hummed to himself, the sound coming out like a car's engine coming to life.

"I thought Queresha's Spawn would meet me here. He was so adamant about joining hands with the Shadow Sovereign after the death of Yogumunt. Based on the information I got, he should be here," The metal being's eyebrows rose. His eyes fell back to Su-Ho and Faust, and his expression shifted to a twisted grin. "Well, I'm sure he'll appear if enough bodies fall."