Bloodbath [31]

Ah, the bloodbath has finally arrived.

-----

Even before (Y/n) could fly away, red mana coiled outwards from where Yogumunt's hand connected with (Y/n). The mana surrounded (Y/n)'s body before disappearing. (Y/n) was left with a feeling of sudden emptiness, invisible shackles restricting him.

[Yogumunt has used the Combination skill: External Soul Binding.]

[Soul Fusion and Soul Extraction have been restricted.]

[Summons will be banished to the Void.]

(Y/n)'s eyes widened as he felt Igris and Tempest slipping away from him. But more importantly, the summons he left with Jino, despite how far away they must've been, he could instantly tell they were banished as well. Before he could do anything, they completely slipped through his fingers.

"Did you think I'd come unprepared? While I couldn't do this to Ashborn, you're far weaker than him, so this is much easier than I thought it would be," Yogumunt spoke as he vanished, reappearing before Kei's Ice Dome.

Wordlessly, he slammed his fist into the dome, shattering it in a single punch. As the recovering Hunters within were revealed, Ichigo and Fanzer fell from the top, unable to do much against the sudden surprise.

Before any of the Hunters could react, Yogumunt's hand burst into Akari's chest. Blood spurt from her mouth as her expression suddenly morphed, terror rising to her face. Her pupils dilated before her murderer yanked his hand back, his crimson red, blood-soaked hand holding a spherical light green orb.

As the Hunters began processing what happened, Yogumunt observed the sphere. "Beautiful, truly. This is a truly charming soul. I'm sure it'll be useful."

As he finished, Atsushi reacted first. His silence spoke nothing of his overwhelming rage. His eyes glowed red before he let out a roar, his Berserker state activating. His dagger fell from his hand as his clenched fist flew towards Yogumunt's head.

It hardly seemed to matter.

A hand pierced Atsushi's skin and was drawn back in the same breath, holding yet another translucent orb. Atsushi began falling to the ground, his hand slowly reaching for Akari's. Before Atsushi even hit the ground, both translucent orbs disappeared, being drawn into Yogumunt's hands.

With the death count suddenly rising, instinct started carving paths for the remaining Hunters. Ippei Izawa and Mari Ishida tried stepping back, the former's Soul Attribute momentarily warning of imminent danger. The latter opened her mouth, her Soul Attribute passively activating.

"Stop—" She began, but the Hunter was interrupted by her opponent, the Sovereign's hand shooting into Mari's chest, silencing her. He drew his hand back, the other stealing Ippei's soul with the same violence.

In less than two seconds, four Hunters died. The number only got higher.

Kenzo was next, then Tatsumi, then Minoru. They didn't have much time to react. Even between blinks Yogumunt shifted around the area, disappearing and reappearing with nothing but his speed alone.

Choi Jong-In and Kei were next. Two hands and two deaths. They started falling to the ground, but Yogumunt was gone far before then.

As Yogumunt came for Cha and Goto, they managed to barely block against his heavy blows, the power stunning them and blowing them off their feet. Sensing their higher level of power, Yogumunt created two Gates behind the two Hunters.

The Sovereign gazed over the two flying Hunters, who slowed even as they flew.

[Yogumunt is using the skill: Temporal Slowdown.]