Misfits [19]

Ichigo led the charge, dashing forward and closing the distance between herself and Cha. Her bat flung up from the ground, attempting to catch Cha by surprise. However, Cha just leaned back a little bit, using the flat side of her sword to softly redirect Ichigo's blow.

Ichigo spun around, gaining momentum, and trying to hit Cha again. This time, Cha softly and elegantly moved past Ichigo's whirlwind of attacks, using the blunt side of her sword to slash at Ichigo's neck. The blow held no wasted movements; it picked Ichigo off the ground and flung her into the opposing wall. She was groaning, but she wasn't out-for-the-count yet.

Next, she took half a step towards (Y/n), her blade fluttering beautifully in the air.

(Y/n) barely managed to throw up Legacy to block Cha's blow, but even with that, the pure force of her blow sent him off his feet. He tumbled across the ground, but even before he could rise to his feet, Cha was stabbing down towards his head. He barely rolled out of the way as the sword slammed into the ground where he once was.

'With how aggressive she's being, I'd even go as far as to say this doesn't feel like a random training match...!' (Y/n) thought as Cha's sword raced toward head in a sweeping motion, guaranteeing that he wouldn't just be able to roll out of the way.

He barely changed Legacy into its sword form, blocking the attack with all his might. The attack pushed all the breath out of his lungs, and he could feel and immense pain in his chest, but he tried to ignore it.

'I didn't want to reveal this hand to more people, but if it's just him, it'll be fine! Igris!' (Y/n) thought, and without a pause, his summon appeared at Cha's side, swinging his sword towards her side. Right before his crimson blade connected though, Cha jumped to the side, barely avoiding it.

(Y/n) kicked up to his feet, trying to ignore how genuinely cool he felt, and he locked eyes with Fanzer, who hadn't had a chance to attack with how fast Cha was. They nodded in sync and (Y/n) charged forward, swinging Legacy towards Cha's throat. Right before his attack could land, Cha disappeared.

(Y/n) tsked and spun around, looking for Cha. In a fraction of a second, Cha stood before Fanzer, even before he could activate his cards.

Cha charged towards Fanzer, her sword jabbing towards his chest. Fanzer couldn't react in time, only being able to barely throw up some mana on his chest.

Cha's sword slammed into Fanzer's chest with a jolt, lifting him up and flinging him off his feet as if he was a few pounds rather than an entire Awakened human. He flew towards the ceiling, his back slamming into a steel rod on his way up. He barely managed to slap one of his cards on the steel rod with a gasp.

As Fanzer came falling back down, (Y/n) jabbed his dagger towards Cha's back, only to be immediately parried and slammed him into the ground, knocking the wind out of his lungs. Soon after, Fanzer hit the ground, hard.

Cha stood between her enemies, having taken them down in less than ten seconds.

Choi whistled, humming to himself, "Without her signature weapon, elemental skills, or her Soul Attribute, she did all of this. Sometimes... just sometimes I forget how much of a threat my Vice-Captain is."

Fanzer, Ichigo, and (Y/n) groaned. Fanzer's groan had hints of a laugh in it.

Cha's sword whizzed through the air, the tip of her blade pinning Igris to his spot. Even the experienced knight hesitated to move forward in the face of his enemy's blade.

"Do you three wish to continue?" Cha asked, but after a moment, she let down her guard when she took a small breath in. That instant was more than enough. The spell Fanzer put on the ceiling activated, and Tempest rose from the shadows, crouching next to Fanzer. Pure black sparks rose from the tips of her claws.