Sovereign of the Soul [46]

[You have activated the skill: Infinite Strike.]

[Fanzer has activated the skill: Lucky Coin x10.]

[Ichigo has activated the skill: Binge Eating.]

Yogumunt tried keeping his eyes on his opponents, but by the time he had righted himself, they were gone. Before he could react, they were all right there, converging on him in sync.

The Sovereign tried to attack (Y/n), seeing him as the biggest threat. Pandora told him he could kill (Y/n) now, so he didn't hold back. However, his head was bashed by Ichigo's bat. Then, he was shot in the back by Fanzer, then he was sliced by (Y/n).

He couldn't keep up with the three Hunters, all of them pushing him in total synchronization.

Yogumunt let out a roar, his mana pushing out against the three.

[Yogumunt has activated the skill: Soul Binding.]

Ichigo and Fanzer jumped back, but (Y/n) continued to pour attacks at Yogumunt, cutting and slicing the Sovereign over and over again. The chains of dark red mana tried to wrap around (Y/n), but the immense darkness he was exuding completely nullified them.

[Soul Binding has been nullified by Mana of Death.]

Sensing that they were safe, Ichigo and Fanzer pushed back into the fray, continuing their absolute beatdown of Yogumunt. The Sovereign tried to push back—

[Yogumunt has activated the skill: Temporal Slowdown.]

[Temporal Slowdown has missed all targets.]

[Yogumunt has activated the skill: Soul Spear x30.]

[Ichigo has activated the Soul Attribute skill: Gourmet's Grand Feast.]

[Yogumunt has activated the skill: Soul Shackles.]

[Fanzer has activated the Soul Attribute skill: Thunder God's Wrath.]

[Yogumunt has activated the skill: Soul Absorption.]

[Soul Absorption has been nullified by Mana of Death.]

—but he was countered every single time.

Even when he prepared, he was totally outclassed by his opponents. Even with Ashborn's staff, the boost to Yogumunt's mana capabilities was useless if he couldn't hit his opponents.

Yogumunt's energy spread out, a barrier being formed around the area.

[Yogumunt has activated the skill: Soul Realm.]

For just an instant, the trio's onslaught faltered, delicate movements of Yogumunt's mana slowing them down. Yogumunt didn't waste that chance to counterattack.

After being relentlessly pummeled by the three, Yogumunt put his pride on the shelf and tried to learn. They'd all progressed dramatically, leaving him behind in the dust. However, he could feel each of their very souls in their blows.

They were all different from one another, but—even when (Y/n)'s was purely compromised of Mana of Death—they all were similar too. Yogumunt tried to find what this similarity was.

He'd touched hundreds, thousands of souls. And they all had one undeniable trait.

As the trio converged on Yogumunt again, he was hit again and again and again. Nonstop, he was hurt, pain racing through him. It was infinite, unstopping.

And suddenly, Yogumunt could tell.

He'd die.

And that realization allowed him to understand that similarity.