Pumped Up Boss Fight [14]

The next week was a blur for (Y/n). A week in the Gate only equaled 7 hours outside, so he reasoned out that he should probably be returning as soon as possible, just to make sure his sister was okay. Ichigo and himself hadn't run into the boss, which was something they were both worried about for a while.

(Y/n)'s level went from -24 to -42, which was a large enough growth that he couldn't feel horribly dissatisfied with it. The realization that he was still a little dissatisfied with his growth made him laugh.

In his growth, Strength, Dexterity, and Intelligence all surpassed 50, granting him three new skills.

[Young Ogre's Strength | Lv. Max]
The monstrous strength of an ogre is something that many Hunters wish to replicate, but one must start out smaller. Your strength will soar with time.
50% Increase in Physical Attack Damage.
40% Increase in Strength-related Skill Effects.

[Young Hyakki's Efficiency | Lv. Max]
Hyakki are masters of wielding weaponry, and even when they're young, they're masters of the hunt.
50% Increase in Weapon Efficiency.
40% Increase in Armed Weapon Damage.

[Young Angel's Intellect | Lv. Max]
Angels are naturally gifted in the art of magic. Their abilities allow them to actively gain their energy back, even amid battle.
Active MP regeneration is set to 1% a minute.

The skills were useful, and even though (Y/n) filed them away in his head, he was very glad his ability was so good at assisting him. He was excited to see what the next boosts of the skills would award him.

However, he wasn't the only one that grew.

Although he couldn't use them, the various monsters did still drop mana crystals, and (Y/n) picked them up for Ichigo. Her level of strength wasn't enough to beat Lycaon, so any sort of buff she could get would be for the betterment of everyone.

Although she didn't have anything like specific levels, (Y/n) could tell that she'd grown in strength quite fast. Every second she wasn't eating or sleeping, (Y/n) saw her training. She didn't ask him where he was going when he left, and always left some food for him when he got back.

Having someone who was stronger than him was certainly reassuring, even though anytime he brought it up Ichigo denied his claim. She always noted that she was strong, but that his skills couldn't be underestimated either.

Night was unlimited in the Red Gate, and as such, (Y/n) felt like his body was constantly sluggish, as if his skills weren't as sharp as they should've been.

With a tired yawn―he felt like it was the thousandth time―(Y/n) summoned his status screen.

[Name: Sung (Y/n)]
[Level: -42]
[Class: Necromancer]
[Title: Black Wizard's Pupil]

[HP: 7100]
[MP: 3000]

[Strength: 66]
[Dexterity: 51]
[Agility: 71]
[Vitality: 71]
[Intelligence: 60]
[Faith: 43]
[Luck: 44]

[Status Points: 90]

(Y/n) whistled.

With Pandora's Blessing, (Y/n) received 90 Status Points instead of 54, which was an incredible change for the Hunter.

He refused to use his status points, in hopes of using his current skills with a little more proficiency than he had been. Since Legacy was stolen, Void Slash wasn't a valid option in the fight against Lycaon, so (Y/n) wanted a good grasp on his skills and how they could work in active fights.

Telekinesis through Soul Mimicry was incredibly versatile, but (Y/n) wasn't used to it because of that intense versatility. Instead, he decided to use it like Igris did. Keeping a firm grasp on Legacy even when he couldn't physically touch the blade was all he could really get used to doing, so he did just that, getting used to it, over and over again.