Wip- no strings ch.4?

Nagisa's POV

The text I received was threatening to say the least.
"Come home now or I will track you down and make you regret ever disobeying me. If you're with that Karma boy when I find you I swear to god I will kill that red headed twerp."

Karma is fast asleep, his arms wrapped around me pulling me lovingly into his chest. He's not the heaviest sleeper so escaping is gonna be a feat, but stealth is the only thing I've got going for me, so I think I'll manage.
I'll admit, my head was still pounding and my wrists stung with even the slightest bit of movement, but I made it work. I've certainly dealt with worse pain in the past so compared to that this is nothing. I use the extra pillow as a decoy and karma seems none the wiser. I grab the few belongings I brought with me and slip out the window, making sure to leave a note on his desk explaining my absence and thanking him for taking care of me.
He'll be mad at me when he wakes up but at least he'll be safe. If my mother were to come and get me herself there's no telling what sort of unspeakable horrors would occur.
Mother can be a cruel sadistic bitch.
I hate this.
I hate that I feel this way about my own mother, my only remaining family. I'm a horrible son. Nothing but a disappointment. I think that's what makes everything feel so much worse. I know that almost everything she says about me is true. I'm nothing but a useless ungrateful brat. No one will ever truly love me.
.
.
.
That's not true.
.
.
It's not. Is it?
Karma cares!
Karma loves me!
Karma loves me?...right?

Shit!
How could I do this to him?
Why did I have to drag him into my mess?!
Fuck!
Why do I always ruin everything?!

Before I know it I find myself at the front door of my prison. I had been so lost in thought I barely realized where I was. Now I have to suck it up and take whatever lies on the other side. I take a deep breath and knock. The door opens, her fingernails dig into my skin like talons as she drags me inside. Closing the door and locking it behind her.
.

.

.
Karma POV:
I wake up to an empty bed and a sense of dread looming over me, crushing me more and more by the second. I scramble through the hallways, desperately searching for any sign of the boy I had so hopelessly fallen in love with. I called his name over and over again to no avail. I knew he was gone. I knew it was pointless, but I couldn't help it. It was wishful thinking more than anything. He's back with her. She must have threatened him or something. I hate this. I hate that I can't protect him, that he could be hurt and I would never know. That last night could be the last time I ever see him and I'll never know what happened to him.. ok maybe that's a bit much. I need to calm down. I need to breathe . I can't breathe. Why can't I breathe? Oh god the room is spinning. I feel so powerless. I can almost feel the air around me crushing me, forcing me down and strangling me. I need to breathe. Breathe. BREATHE!

I stumble into my desk, gripping the edges trying to steady myself. The move over to the desk is panicked and frenzied, knocking the papers off my desk. I feel the familiar sting of tears in my eyes. I failed him. I promised to protect him and I failed. I let go of the desk and lean against the wall before sliding to the floor. That's when I spot a note with my name on it. The handwriting was almost more familiar to me than my own.
Nagisa!

I scramble to the peice of paper frantically unfolding it.
"Dear Karma,
Sorry I didn't wake you up to say goodbye before I left. You just looked so peaceful, I couldn't bring myself to wake you. My mom texted me and was really pissed so I had to leave early. I'm sorry for always being such a burden. Thanks for helping me out so much. I really don't deserve a friend as amazing as you. Please don't worry about me too much. My 2 day suspension should be over on Wednesday, so I'll see you then! I'm excited to be in the same class as you again, even if it is e-class. Anyway, I really have to go so I just wanted to say thank you so much for everything.
Love,
Nagisa💙
P.S.- Please don't text me, I'll probably be grounded so she'll have my phone for the rest of the weekend."