Love letters from the dead new chapter

A/N: sorry it took me so long to post. I've been working on updating 5 different stories at once as well as world building for a new crossover fic I'm planning on writing and 2 other fics I haven't posted yet... I'm doing all of this on top of working almost full time as well so needless to say it's been a bit hectic... anyway, hope you enjoy the chapter! Let me know what you think about the ships and feel free to suggest new ones. The only one I'm really heavily locked in on are ofc saiouma. The one I'm most flexible on is Kaede x Miu... so yeah, without further ado I present to you the next chapter 💜💙💜💙💜
——————————————
Shuichi POV:

"Oh Shuuuumaiii!"
A sickeningly sweet voice calls my name from the other side of the door.
"Shumai! Come play with me! I'm soooooooooo bored."
I feel my heart skip a beat as heat rushes to my face. Why me? Of all the people he could choose to flirt with, why did he have to choose me?
"SaiharaChan, it's not nice to keep people waiting y'know, nishishi~"
I feel a thousand butterflies fluttering in my stomach. Where's Gonta when you need him?
" I know you're in there~ I can see your shadow under the door frame~"
Ugh there's really no getting out of this is there? I give an exasperated sigh as I slam the door open only to be met by a sickening thud.

"Owwww! Shumai that hurt."

I see ķ̶͍̳̱̃̏̅̔̈́͞ỏ̵̧̞̰͔̫̈́͞k҈̨̲͙̩̖̈̎̍͞į̵̪̪͔̍̀͆̕ć̸̨̤͇͉̈̈́͞h̵̢̯̗̰͊̋̎̍͝i҈̨̜͇͇͖̄̽̅͐͠ curled up on the floor holding his head in his hands, refusing to show me his face.

"K̴̨͖͈̗҇̀̑͛o҈̧̪̲͎̐̌͝ͅ-҉̠͍̬̗̂̈͐͢͡ K҉̧̫͙͕̣҇͐̌͛ȍ̴̧͉̲̓̏̃͝k҉͍͇͔̞͉҇͛͒̚͢ȉ̴̧̱͙́͠c҉̳͙͇̞̫̊͛̒̅͢͞h҉̰̦̌͋͌̎̀͢͠i̶̧̯̟̣̜̇̽͂͞! Are you alright?!"

He might have been obnoxious but I never meant to hurt him. The butterflies turn to knots as I watch him stumble to his feet, swaying slightly before turning to me with a mischievous grin, accidentally revealing the large gash on his forehead. Blood oozed out like molasses at first, then flowed faster, picking up steam as it streamed across his face. I watch the moment of realization where he recognizes what he's done. Without hesitation, he steals my hat and runs through the halls.
"Let's play tag, Saiharachan!~" he calls while rounding the corner and disappearing from sight. I stood there in shock for a few seconds before sprinting after him. If Kirumi were still here she would have taken care of him, but she's dead and if I don't help him no one will.

"K̴̨͖͈̗҇̀̑͛o҈̧̪̲͎̐̌͝ͅk҉͍͇͔̞͉҇͛͒̚͢ȉ̴̧̱͙́͠c҉̳͙͇̞̫̊͛̒̅͢͞h҉̰̦̌͋͌̎̀͢͠i̶̧̯̟̣̜̇̽͂͞!Wait! WAIT!"

I lose track of him for a bit, but the drops of blood betray him and I eventually find him gasping for air in the garden, steadying himself on the edge of the fountain, drops of bright magenta blood staining the water a sickly cotton candy pink.

"K̴̩͍̥̑͌̾͆͜͞Ơ̴̧̗̳̭̊̇̓̇͛Ķ̵̤̣̰̜҇̒̊͆I҉̨͇͔͈̱̅̓͊͝C҈̡͇̙͖̗̅̒̿̐͠H҉̨͙̦͔̞͇̋̽͛́̕I̴̧͚̮̝̤̤͒͒̍͆̄̕!"

I rush to his side and hastily inspect the wound. It's not that deep, but the location makes it a tricky spot to heal and the width of it makes blood loss more of a problem than the blow itself.
"Heh, You caught me.."
His breath was shaky and his face was pale. He hadn't lost that much blood yet, but it was clear that the minor concussion the blow so graciously gifted him clearly wasn't helping the situation. My gaze softens as I take in his condition. He looks like he could faint at any second. He could probably walk a few steps but I don't want to risk having him walk all the way to the nurse's office...
"K҉̧̫͙͕̣҇͐̌͛ȍ̴̧͉̲̓̏̃͝k҉͍͇͔̞͉҇͛͒̚͢ȉ̴̧̱͙́͠c҉̳͙͇̞̫̊͛̒̅͢͞h҉̰̦̌͋͌̎̀͢͠i̶̧̯̟̣̜̇̽͂͞, is it ok if I help you?"
"And what makes you think an ultimate supreme leader such as myself would ever need help?"
"I know you could do it yourself, but I want to help you. An ultimate supreme leader like you shouldn't have to clean those wounds all alone."
I felt rather clever coming up with that one. I never know how to go about talking to him, but there's a part of me that likes that. He's unpredictable, a rollercoaster of emotions and lies. He's exhilarating, he makes me feel alive and I'm addicted to that rush.