Karma's a b*tch

Intro
"If you wanna be a hero so bad I've got a time saving idea for you. If you think you'll have a quirk in your next life go take a swan dive off the roof"
That's what runs through my head as the cold viscous liquid slivers it's way down my throat. That's what I hear as the fluid fills my lungs and I feel my vision start to fade.
"Worthless, quirkless Deku"
"No one wants you"
"Why are you still here?"
No one wants a useless deku.
No one's coming to save me.
I have to save myself.
That's what I think as I claw my way up through the sludge. I'm drowning but I'm not done.
"Stupid deku, never knowing when to quit."
I hit something solid.
"You'll never be a hero"
I squeeze and I feel the liquid drop around me. I don't let go until I'm lying on the ground coughing up the slime in my lungs.
"Maybe they're right. Maybe I am just a worthless deku" I'm smirk as I claw my way across the concrete. My voice is raw. Finally free I close my eyes, not knowing if they'll ever open again.
Maybe I'm nothing more than a useless, quirkless freak, but at least I didn't go down without a fight. I slip away with a smile on my face.
———————————-
The first thing I feel is the cold air in my aching lungs. I gasp for more but it comes in slow and I feel something rattling in my chest. The heaving coughs come next, before Im even aware of my surroundings Im coughing up sludge and struggling to push myself up from the rough concrete beneath me. I feel someone pass by, dropping my backpack next to me. In my dazed state I slip it on as I scramble to stand, only ending up face down on the ground once more. There's a voice that says something I can't quite hear. He starts to move away and I grab onto him. I need help. I need him to stay. I don't want to die here. Then I feel the rush of the wind against my face and that wakes me up. I look down and see I'm flying. I scream, holding tightly to the man, knowing I'll fall if I let go.
I barely hear him screaming through the rush of the wind.
"Let go"
Let go?
"With all due respect sir, if I let go I'll die"
I feel him sigh and we land rather abruptly on a gravely rooftop.
I look up to see my hero.
Oh my god it's all might!
"I assume you have something to say so hurry up. I haven't got all day"
Right... I didn't but I guess I do now.
"Can you be a hero without a quirk?"
"No. I'm sorry kid, but in this day and age heroes need quirks."
He didn't even hesitate. He just shattered my dreams, but he doesn't care. Why would he care about a useless deku like me?
He turns to go and I let him. He takes off leaving me alone on the roof.
I cough up what's left of the sludge in my lungs, or at least what I can manage to get out. I lay there for hours thinking about what he said.
Useless, worthless, quirkless deku what made you think you could ever be a hero. Don't you know heroes need quirks?
I'm such a fool to have fought so hard for so long.
If you wanna be a hero so bad I've got a time saving idea for you. If you think you'll have a quirk in your next life go take a swan dive off the roof
Maybe kacchan's right.. maybe that's for the best. I shuffle over to the edge and stare down. It doesn't take long for fear to take hold, pushing me far away from the edge and closer to the door to the stairwell.
I guess it's probably best I just go home.
I try my best to open the door, but it's locked.
"Just my luck", I sigh as I slide to the ground in tears.
Guess I'll just die here.