New chapter?

????? POV:
Perfect! The viewers are gonna love this! Nothing like a good old fashioned tragic romance to spice up our new postgame spin-off series! Can't wait to see what torture the viewers come up with next! This season was going to be a masterpiece. Sure the future foundation was starting to close in on us, but it's not like this is the only base we have, and what better way to end our most meta season yet than with the 4th wall break of a lifetime! One thing's for sure, the 53rd killing game was one for the history books and it was all thanks to the actions of one slippery little gremlin boy. It almost seemed like a shame to put him out of commission, but the slow burn angst it set up was too good to be true! Now all we had to do was leave enough clues lying around for the Ultimate detective to blow open the case and save his sleeping beauty. Wow this new Shirogane Ai sure was something special! She was taking these games to a whole new level! Not to mention that soon we'd have enough footage compiled to do another in-game episode with all the extra time the Ultimate supreme leader has spent in the program. The ratings were gonna be insane! Let's just hope we can finish up our plot points before the future foundation comes and brings an early finale to it all.

—————-
Rantaro POV;
Something is wrong. Something is very, very wrong. I just can't shake the feeling that we're being watched. I know team Danganronpa well enough to know that if the season was really over they would have moved us elsewhere by now. Something just didn't feel right. I've been having this feeling ever since I woke up from the simulation. I eventually let Kaede in on it and we agreed to search for clues together but our searches always came up fruitless. I had brushed it aside for the time being but when kokichi didn't wake up after about a week into his coma I knew something was suspicious. Keebo helped me search for more clues but we still came up with nothing. We haven't told Shuichi yet because we've been waiting for him to go back to normal, but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen and the longer kokichi is out the more likely it becomes that something really fucked up is happening behind closed doors. After seeing Shuichi's reaction to seeing him for the first time today I have no doubt he'd be willing to help us. Let's just hope the little bastard can hang in there long enough for us to save him from whatever fucked up shit they must be doing to him. He's strong, but he's been out for way too long. I close my eyes, take a deep breath and pray to Atua that by the time we get to him there will be something left to save.

———
Kokichi POV:

I look around the cold rubble of the school I've been trapped in for the past month. It's freezing, bathed in melancholic light.
It's another day alone in hell... or at least, I wish I was alone. Sharing this nightmare with her is probably the worst punishment anyone could have come up with for me. Not only reliving every painful failure, but watching it on loop with her by my side to point out exactly how badly I fucked everything up.... If that isn't hell then I don't know what is.
It's funny.. people think hell is hot. They think hell is just a constant burning, but it's not. Hell is cold. Hell is so fucking cold. It's a cold that leaves you feeling vulnerable, all your sins ripped right out of you as you watch death tear you limb from limb. Hell is an eternity of distance from everyone and everything you once held dear. Trust me when I say that that is more effective than any run of the mill stereotypical demon shit you could come up with.

Everyday I wake up to watch the same thing. I see the entire game on loop. I watch her take note of every little thing I did. Everyday I watch as I single handedly doom my classmates. I watch her use me to indirectly kill every last one of them. It always stops with shumai. Every night I watch her use my animated corpse to lure him to his death.

The devil was a smart little fucker. I have a high pain tolerance so physical torture don't mean shit, mental torture on the other hand... let's just say it doesn't take that much to break me.