Kiss me already

"So Shumai, have you thought about my offer?" Kokichi smirked.

"Yes"
"And?"
"And a late night picnic in the middle of a killing game seems dangerous." Shuichi deadpanned.

"Come on Saihara-Chan! It's not like we're going to get caught!" Kokichi whined

"I don't know kokichi, Kaito and Maki told me it was a bad idea"

"Ugh! You're so timid! It's like your backbone was replaced with the stick up your ass!" Kokichi pouted.

"Well, at least I'm not a manipulative little snake like you," Shuichi retorted, frustration evident in his voice.

"If you really thought of me that way, you would be treating me with far more tact than that, Saiharachan!" Kokichi countered, his tone laced with amusement.

"You're right. Unlike the others, I know you're all bark with no bite. You're a coward, too scared to follow through on any of your empty threats," Shuichi shot back, his voice tinged with anger.

"Those are some bold words from someone who was cowering behind his little boy toy no more than 5 minutes ago," Kokichi teased, a smirk playing on his lips.

"He's not my boy toy, he's my best friend, and I wasn't cowering!" Shuichi protested, his frustration mounting.

"Yeah, sure you weren't. You were just clinging to Momota's arm and hiding behind him for fun," Kokichi taunted, his smirk widening.

"Fine. I'm scared! Happy now?! Who wouldn't be terrified in a fucking killing game! We can't all be as heartless as you, you know! I don't know about you, but some of us actually have morals!" He tried to keep strong but his voice was cracking. He hated that Kokichi could get to him like that.

"Morals are rules imposed on us by the capitalist elite. Real morals don't exist anymore; they've been replaced with corporate niceties. True morals are survival instincts, and of that, I think you'll find I have plenty," Kokichi mocked.

"God, you're so bitter! No wonder you're all alone! I can't believe I used to wonder why everyone hated you so much?!" Shuichi exclaimed, his frustration boiling over. Kokichi had the power to make him so angry and he hated it.

"Yeah, well, it's better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you're not," Kokichi replied, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Easy for you to say! You couldn't care less about what people think of you... it's not so easy for the rest of us, you know?" Shuichi muttered, his voice softer now, filled with resignation.

"So I was right!" Kokichi exclaimed, a triumphant gleam in his eyes.

"What?" Shuichi asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"I was right. You don't have a backbone. I'm willing to bet that you're dying to have all that pressure removed from your shoulders too. Must be pretty tiring carrying everyone on your back,"

"Hey! It's not their fault... I'm the detective. I'm just doing my job,"

"Your job is to solve murders, not keep everyone in line at all times and act as a human recycling bin for people to toss their problems in."

"Yeah! Well, what am I supposed to do?! Say no?! You and I both know that if I don't diffuse tensions, people end up dead!" Shuichi exclaimed, his voice tinged with desperation.

Kokichi spoke, voice soft, almost sympathetic, a rarity for him.
"And yet the trials come regardless,"

"Shut up," Shuichi muttered, his voice barely above a whisper.

"What? I thought you loved the truth. Well, here it is, staring you right in the face. Would you prefer another lie instead?" Kokichi asked, his tone mocking.

"I said shut up!" Shuichi exclaimed, his voice filled with anger and frustration.

Shuichi regained his composure, his voice steady. "Sorry."

"I'm not. You finally stood up for yourself! My job here is done!" Kokichi replied, a triumphant smirk on his face.

"W-what?!" Shuichi asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"Granted, it did take you a lot longer than I had hoped. We'll have to work on that," Kokichi said, his tone teasing.

"What are you talking about?" Shuichi asked, his voice wary.

"Your confidence, of course! I mean, as helpful as Kaito is, you're way too reliant on him. His methods may work short term, but the second he's not in the room, you shrink back down and hide behind your hat like a scared little emo turtle," Kokichi explained, his tone playful.

"So you did all that just to get me to yell at you?" Shuichi asked, disbelief evident in his voice.

"More or less," Kokichi replied, a mischievous glint in his eyes.

"Why?" Shuichi asked, confusion evident in his voice.

"Well, I am the Ultimate Supreme Leader, after all. How do you think I got so many people to follow me? It's not like I forced them into it. What's the tact in that?! It may seem confusing, but I was given that title for a reason. Leading a group like this is a challenge, but I'm determined to win this game! Besides, we're a team, right?" Kokichi said, his tone earnest.

"I don't think I'll ever understand you," Shuichi muttered, his voice filled with resignation.

"That's the point, genius," Kokichi replied, a playful grin on his face.

"You vex me," Shuichi said, his voice soft.

"Yeah, well, I could say the same about your stupidly adorable ahoge," Kokichi teased, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Well, your stupidly gorgeous, gravity-defying hair is so irritating," Shuichi retorted, a hint of a smile tugging at his lips.

"And your gorgeous, golden eyes are so piercing, I could almost swear a glance from them is akin to one of Cupid's arrows!" Kokichi exclaimed, a playful glint in his eyes.

"Sometimes, I get lost in your eyes, trying to figure out where the iris stops and the pupil begins," Shuichi admitted, a blush creeping onto his cheeks.

"Every time I look at your obnoxiously long eyelashes, all I can think about is how amazing they would be for butterfly kisses," Kokichi replied, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Gah, just kiss me already, you coward!" Shuichi exclaimed, frustration evident in his voice.

"Don't have to tell me twice," Kokichi replied, moving in close to a very frustrated Shuichi, gently wrapping his hands around the detective's neck, only to find himself pinned back against the wall, lips inches apart.

"Don't tease me," Shuichi warned, his voice low and husky.

Kokichi could feel Shuichi's breath on his lips, his heart pounding in his chest. He gazed into Shuichi's eyes, seeing a mixture of frustration, desire, and something else he couldn't quite place.
"I'm not teasing," Kokichi whispered, his voice barely audible.
Shuichi's grip on Kokichi's collar tightened, and he closed the distance between their lips, capturing Kokichi in a passionate kiss. Kokichi's eyes widened in surprise for a moment before he melted into the kiss, wrapping his arms around Shuichi's waist.
The kiss was intense, filled with a mix of longing and pent-up emotions. Kokichi felt a rush of warmth spread through him, and he deepened the kiss, pulling Shuichi closer.
After what felt like an eternity, they reluctantly broke apart, both breathing heavily.
"I-I'm sorry," Shuichi stammered, his cheeks flushed.
"Don't be sorry," Kokichi replied, a soft smile playing on his lips. "That was... amazing."
Shuichi's expression softened, and he smiled back, a hint of uncertainty in his eyes. "I've never... I mean, I've never kissed anyone like that before."
Kokichi's smile widened. "Me neither. But I wouldn't mind doing it again."
Shuichi chuckled, a nervous but genuine sound. "I wouldn't either."
They stood there for a moment, catching their breath, before Shuichi spoke again. "I... I think I needed that. Thank you."
Kokichi's smile softened, as he brushed a stray hair from Shuichi's face. "Anytime, Saihara-chan. Anytime."