Paint

I woke up suddenly to hands hitting my chest and the bed bouncing. "Wake up!! Wake up mommy!!" I slowly opening my eyes seeing Billie above me. Her mouth is blue. "Okay okay I'm up!" "No you not!!" She watches me yawn and barely awake. I open my eyes and stretch my arms out. "What time is it anyway??" Billie shrugs. I reach for my phone to check the time. 7am. "Baby, why are you up so early?" "I draw 'tis!!" She pulls out a paper from behind her back and hands it to me. "Do you like it??" "Aw I love it, bub." I see a finger painting of Billie and I holding hands at the park. "Baby, I love it, but you're not supposed to finger paint without supervision." She pouts. "But I wanted to!!" "I know, it's okay." I pull her into me rubbing her back. Didn't want her to cry. "I j-just wanted to surprise you." "I know honey, I love it." "On the fridge?" "It's going right on the fridge for sure!!" She gets up and claps "yayyy!!" I notice her stained fingers of different colors. I internally cringe thinking about the mess she made. "Okay baby let's get you cleaned up and then we can put it on the fridge." She nods and skips to the bathroom taking the lead. She giggles when she sees blue paint around her mouth. "I hope you didn't eat the paint." "I didn't!" "Hmm then why do I see blue in your mouth??" "I dunno.." "You silly girl." I pick her up swaying her causing her to giggle. "Okay Cmon let's wash up." Putting her down and helping her scrub her hands. She claps while the water is running causing it to splash all over. "Hey bils, let's not play with the water, you're getting water and paint everywhere. She stops and doesn't say anything. I continue to help wash off the dried paint and grab a washcloth to wipe her face. "Ow ow!!" "Billie, I'm not even scrubbing that hard." "But it hurts!!" I try to go softer and she still tries pushing me away. "I'm almost done." "Stop!!!" I finally get her clean. "There now lets put your beautiful artwork on the fridge." She perks up a bit and follows me to the kitchen. I stop when I see green and blue paint marks all over the floor. I decide not to say anything yet. She already seems nervous. "Alright! Up on the fridge!!" I place it on with a dog magnet. "Hey so can you tell me why there's paint on the floor?" She shrugs. "Mommy's not mad, I'm just wondering is all." She shrugs again tears forming. "Hey shhh it's okay baby. I'm not mad. Just a question." I wipe her tears away with my thumb. "Bad?" "No honey I'm just wondering why there's paint in the kitchen." "I got a cup of water for my paint but I already started it." "Aww baby, finger painting doesn't need water or brushes." "I know but I tried." "Well now you know not to paint without supervision right?" She nods. "Not in trouble?" "No but you can help me clean the floor." "Mommy?" "Yes?" "I sowwy." Tears roll down her face. "Heyy It's okay baby, I'm not mad!" I pull her into a hug. "I I u-use your b-brushes!!" She críes harder into my shirt. "What brushes?" She looks at me and points to her cheek. "My makeup brushes?" She nods slowly. "Hey hey it's okay, I'll just wash them and if not I'll just buy new ones." "Y-you sure?" "Yes Bils, It's okay." I hug and rub her back. "I sowwy mommy." I pull her into a hug. "It's okay Billie. I know you've learned your lesson." "Play?" She let's go of me. "How about after we clean up." "I thought you said I wasn't in trouble?" "You're not but it would be nice if you could help." "Okay.." I grab some paper towels and a cleaner. I begin spraying the floor and scrubbing. Billie follows my lead after watching me for a moment. It's quiet, all I hear is us scrubbing the floor. I did most of the work. "Alright, all done. Let's throw these away and wash our hands then we can eat." "Mommy?" "Hmm?" There was no answer. I look over to her, she's holding her stomach. "Hey baby what's wrong- She throws up. It's the blue paint. "Oh no baby, let's get you to the bathroom." I quickly pick her up rushing her to the toilet. She cries in my arms, i try my best to comfort her. I hold her hair up while she throws up again in the toilet. "Mommy I-I scared!!" "Shh baby, it's okay, I'm right here. Nothing gonna hurt you." I say rubbing her back. "I think I done." "Okay let's get you cleaned up hmm?" "Bed?" "Let's just change your clothes then." She nods while sniffling. "Aw baby, don't cry. It's okay." I wipe her tears with my thumbs. "Arms up!" She does as she's told and I help her change into clean clothes. I also changed my shirt. "Uppies?" She reaches out to me. "Of course." I carry her into bed laying her down. "I no feew good." She pouts. "I'm sorry baby, I'll get you some ginger ale and crackers." She nods. I quickly prepare her snack. I pour some ginger ale in her pink bottle. Whenever she wasn't feeling well, her baba made her feel better. "Here you go Bils." I hand her the bottle. She stares at me. "Do you want me to feed you?" She nods. "Okay babygirl." She blushes. I get into bed and let her rest her head in my arms. I take the bottle to her lips and she takes it. Closing her eyes drinking slowly. I look down at her seeing her start to relax. I brush the hair out of her face. When she has enough she pushes the bottle away. "You feel better now?" She nods. "Do you want to eat some crackers?" She shakes her head. "Okay i won't force you." "Sowwy." "It's okay Billie, not your fault okay?" She nods and hides her face into my chest cuddling. I rub her back slightly. A few moments later she lets out a loud burp. "Oh my." She covers her mouth giggling. "So what do you say? "Umm.. cuse me!" "Good job." "I few better now! Thanks mommy!!" "