Mother's Day

Mother's Day has always been a rough holiday for you. You weren't very close to your bio mom, things got worse when she found out you were gay. Your friend Billie, quickly took you under her wing and let you stay with her. Within a few months you two grew close and ended up in a relationship. Billie knows about your regression. She actually brought it up thinking it'd help you cope. It did and still does. "Y/N! Hey Y/N!" "Huh what?" I snap out of my thoughts. "You just spaced out, you okay?" She looks at me worried. I sigh. "I was just thinking, it's not important." "It must be if you thought long about it, tell me." She grabs your hands. "Please tell me?" She pouts. "Well you know how Mother's Day is coming up right?" She rubs my back. "Hey it's not your fault okay? We've been over this, it's your mom's problem not you." "I know but it's always been hard.. I look at you and your mom and I wish I had that." "I'm sorry baby, really. I wish things were different, I would hope one day she'll accept you." She holds my hand. I sigh. "Probably won't." "Hey you don't know that, may take some time but you're her daughter after all." "I guess..." "My mom said you're like her daughter too remember? You're now family y/n. I know no one can replace her but you have people that care about you." "I appreciate it." I slightly smile, still feeling down. "I wish I could say something to make you feel better.." I look up at my girlfriend. "No, no babe, don't feel that way, I'm just down in the dumps, I'll get over it." "I just hate seeing you sad." "I'll be okay." I get up and go to lay down on my bed.

Billie's POV
It made my heart shatter seeing Y/N so distraught over this. I couldn't believe how some parents disowned their own kid just cause they're gay. I still had hope one day she will come around. I decide to leave Y/N be for a little while. I realized she hasn't regressed in a couple of months, maybe that's why. We could celebrate Mother's Day too. I didn't want to replace her mom but maybe it would cheer her up instead of sulking. I walked to the kitchen to prepare a snack and get her baba ready. Filled with warm oat milk. I walk over to Y/N's room holding a bottle and a paper plate of chocolate chip cookies. "Hey babe, can I come in?" No answer, I swung open her door, seeing a lump under the blanket. I put down the plate and bottle on the bedside table. I gently shake her. "Y/N? You okay? I brought some cookies and milk if you're hungry." A few moments later her head pops out. All she does is stares at me with glassy eyes, looks like she'd been crying. "Hi baby. Are you hungry?" "Mommy?" "Yes mommy is right here." She does grabby to me and I pull her out from under the blanket and into my lap. "Mommy pwetty!!" She looks up at me. "Aww baby, so are you!" I boop her nose. I reach for the bottle, "look what I got?" "B-baba!!" She excitedly reaches for it. I place it near her lips and she takes it, closing her eyes. She places her hand on mine on the bottle. I couldn't help to smile at her cuteness. "All done!!" She says when she finishes the bottle." "I love you mommy!! You the best mommy ever!!" "Aww baby I love you too." I kiss her forehead. Just then my phone rings. "Oh it's my mom, she wants to FaceTime." I pick up. "Hi mom!!" "Hey Billie, where's y/n?" I pan the phone down to my lap. "Aww is she little?" "Yeah, she was sad about Mother's Day tomorrow, I know I can't replace her mom but- "Billie, don't need to explain yourself, it helps y/n a lot." I smile feeling happy that my parents accepted us. "Thanks mom." "Of course, so I was thinking of stopping by tomorrow since it's Mother's Day and i can cook all of your favorite foods." "Mom, it's your day!! You're supposed to relax!" "It's fine!! I love cooking! So what do you say?" "Yeah sure, it'll be fun!" "Yess!!" I roll my eyes at my mom's antics. "Well I should get going, and leave you and y/n alone." "Okay bye mom!!" "Bye sweetie!!" We hang up and I look at y/n, she looks sad. "Hey baby what's the matter?" She pouts and begins crying. "Hey shhh shhh it's okay, I'm here." I pick her up carrying and bouncing her. "Shhh shhh it's okay mommy's here." I rub her back. Eventually she settles down and looks at me, smiles. "Hi baby, you okay now?" She nods. "Good, i don't like seeing my baby so upset." "I tired." "Let's put you down for a nap then." "No leave okay?" "I'll never leave you." I place her down on my bed. "Hmm maybe you should change into diapers first." No answer just babbling and looking around. I change her into a diaper and a shirt and shorts. She sucks her thumb. I usually wouldn't let her but after this rough day, I didn't want to make her upset again. "Alright baby, close your eyes, I'm right here." I say stroking her hair. Her eyes slowly close and she's off the dreamland. I ended up feeling tired myself and fell asleep.

1am
I wake up and it's dark. "Shit!" What time is it??" I grab my phone and turn on the light. "Damnit I overslept!" I look around for y/n, no sign of her. I begin to panic. "Breathe billie breathe. She has to be here somewhere." I go looking all over the house then I see a lump under a blanket on the sofa. "Y/N?" I gently shake her. She stirs a little before I take the blanket off. "Hey baby, I'm sorry mommy overslept, I guess I was tired." She does grabby hands and I pick her up. "You must be hungry Hmm? Im so sorry y/n." "No mommy it kay!! I eat cookies!!" "You don't wanna eat something else? How about your nuggies?" "Oooh okay!!" "That's what i thought! First let's change you, this can't feel too good." I pat her bum. "N-no!!" She struggles to get out of my grip. "Hey baby, calm down, don't you wanna feel clean??" All she does is tries getting out of my arms which I put her down while she calms herself. "Well you let me know when you're ready. I'll be in the kitchen." She ends up throwing a tantrum. She must be starved, she'd only get like this if she was hungry. I hear her crying a bunch, a part of me wanted to comfort her but the other part I couldn't. I just had to let her be. "Mommy?!?" She screams out. "Yes?" "Come here!!" I put down the dish on the counter and walk over to her. "I sowwy." She rubs her eyes. "Thank you y/n, now do you want me to clean you?" She nods. "Good." I help clean her up and set the table for us to eat. She started eating fast. "Baby slow down before you get a tummy ache." She nods and eats normally. After we finish eating I clean up while she plays with her toy cars on the floor. "Vroom vroom!!" While giggling. Made me happy to see y/n being happy and carefree. "Alright baby, let's brush your teeth and get back into bed." "Awww but I having fun!!" "You can have more fun when you wake up!" "Okay.." She follows me to the bathroom where I help her brush her teeth. "Good job baby!! Perfect!" I praise her for following instructions. "Thanks mommy!! I get sticker?" "Yes baby you get a sticker on your chart!" "Yay!!" She claps. I brush my teeth and wash my face, getting ready for bed. "Mommy hurry up!!" "Okay I'm done!!" I take out a pack of stickers and let her choose one. "I wan dat one!" She points to a pink sparkly star. "Good choice!!" I peel it off and give it to her and she places it on her chart next to her bed." "High five!" I put my hand up and she high fives me back hard. "Ow y/n!!" I shake my hand. She laughs "sorry mommy!" I can't help to laugh with her. "Okay Cmon let's go to sleep." I say not wanting her to stay awake the whole night. "Okay.." She lays down and I lay next to her putting my arms around. "Night mommy I love you." "Good night y/n I love you too."