🌸The Mummy In Golden Light 🌸

( Warning, slight creepy moments ahead

( Warning, slight creepy moments ahead. Also this is book 2. Go back if you have not read the first.)

As I stood there worried, thoughts came to me. 'What if this is the wrong casket? what if this is the wrong tomb?'

The case's lid suddenly started sliding open. It dropped to the floor with a loud thud. My heart raced, I was a little scared about the being that was coming out of it.

And mummy-like arm, wrapped up in cloth came up first and gripped the sides. I took another step back.

'Please be him..., and not some horrible mummy...that wants to hurt me.'

The golden light that lit up the figure gave me some hope.

Then the body of a mummy sat up. Wrapped head to toe, the figure stood up and crawled out. He did not look at me. It leaned up against the sides of the case.

It was so cool and frightening at the same time. It did not look like Atem, maybe similar in height but it was hard to tell. His hand came up to the side of his face, he peeled some of the fabric off his mouth, and the side of his face.

Making me wince, I was about to see a skeleton. I was a bit wrong though, there was a light golden glow around one side of the face. The other side seemed to be healing. I could see skin and a violet eye with a slight golden-red glow.

It then looked up at me, blinking one violet eye. My stomach felt so strange, butterflies, but worried.

It was starting to look more like Atem. He just stood there leaning against the case, as more and more bandages fell to the ground, then his body was replaced with the familiar clothes I knew.

- To Be Continued 🌸