🌹The Golden Tunnels 🌹Part 3

"Are you enjoying yourself?" Atem asked me. His violet eyes were full of sincerity while he looked at me. " I am."

"I'm glad to hear that."

The ride began to move. We drifted down the tunnels of this golden cave.

All we had to do was enjoy the view. Photography was alright too. I took a couple of pictures of the cave we passed through with my phone.

"Look there____. Anubis."

I turned my head to where Atem was pointing. This Anubis statue was all lit up in beautiful colors. He was different than what I saw in Atem's tomb though. This statue was far less big, but beautiful still.

I held up my phone to take a picture of it. The ceiling above us began to glitter more and more. I wasn't sure if it was just the paint they put on for the ride, or if it was something with the cave itself.

When we passed by, there were carvings on the wall in ancient Egyptian. I couldn't read it, but there was at least one person here who could. I glanced at Atem.

The Pharaoh began to read it in his native tongue, in a mysterious whisper. "What does it mean.?" I looked at Atem from the corner of my eyes. "Yeah, what is it?" Yugi asked from behind.

Speaking like a teacher. Atem replied to us." It means. Those who pass by, have been spotted."

'W-what the..?' I looked at the writing as be floated by. It oddly enough glowed a bit. 'Maybe it's just the paint.'

I didn't look at Atem, not wanting to see what his facial expression was. He wore his expression easily. I didn't want to get any strange thoughts in me. It was odd enough that the walls around us glittered gold.

'Hmm...this place seems odd. Pharaoh can you sense it?' Diva looked at him from the back of the ride.

The ride was about to end, but not until there was a drop at the end. I saw a sign show up.

" Hold onto your soul's."

"W-wHAT?" Joey gasped.

"Uh..??? A-Atem??"

"OOhh boy.." Yugi sighed, as his hands clenched down onto his seat bracing himself.

"Hmf, I guess I'm falling with them." Diva sighed, as he uncrossed his legs.

" ___. Don't move." Atem spoke to me as we got closer and closer to the drop.

"W-whaT?? what do you mean don't move?!" His hand suddenly slammed down onto mine grabbing it tightly.

Now I really felt like I was going to die. He looked me deep in the eyes. "Don't forget to breathe."

My eyebrows twitched. "J-just what aer you saying?!?!" I asked flooding with panick.

*tip* The second I said that. Our boat started crashing down the drop.

"WwahWAHWHWAH!!" Joey's scream began to deathin me form behind. My stomach dropped harshly. I nearly felt myself lift up from my seat. Atem's eyes widen sharply as he galnced at me then ahead. His hand gripped mine strong, forcing me to stay still.

I saw Yugi's face going pale. Diva sat there like a ghost, I couldn't tell if he was going to pass out or not.

*SPLASH!!*

Just like that the boat halted harshly. "NNII!" Joey gasped for air. As he nearly crashed his face off the seat infront of him. My legs shaked with fear. I felt like my soul just left my body.

For some reason Atem's grip was still warm, strong but gentle. His facial expression changed from stressed to, slightly pale. He glanced at me.

"____ are you arlight?" He asked concerned. 'Do I really look that dead?' "___?" He tilted his head, checking my face as he leaned closer.

"A-am I alive still?" I muttered. He squeezed my hand. "Yes, I'm possitive."

"You looked better than Joey back here is." Yugi smiled lightly. I looked at Joey form the corner of my eye. "He looked awful.

"I..is it over yet.??" He was trying to calm hismelf down.

"Feww..." I suddenly leaned forawrd, touching my forhead off Atem's upper chest. He tensed a bit, questioning himself. If I was really okay.

"T-that was stressful..."

He touched the top of my head. "We are almost out. I can see the end."

' I can sense her heartbeat, it's very fast.' He thought. He hopped it wil lslowly down a bit soon enough.

"How are you..still standing Atem."

"I uhh..w-well." He stuttered. 'For a moment there, I thought strange things as well......' He said in his mind.

"Nevermind..." I replied. I could hear his heart racing. He was scared, the Pharaoh had some fear in him. He put on a brave face for me.

 He put on a brave face for me