🌹Ghostly Presence🌹

The ride came to a stop

The ride came to a stop. We stepped out onto the ground. Joey's head was still spinning. I began to calm down a bit.

I pulled over to the side of the tunnel we were once in and leaned against the wall. Atem's head turned to a little shop that had food and drinks. He gently let go of my hand. "Wait right here, I will be back."

Yugi stood next to me. "Well, that was interesting."

"Yes, It was," I replied to Yugi, who tried to straighten himself up.

Atem came back holding a drink in his hand."Here..____." He said. "Oh?" I took it from his hands. He looked so happy to give me this drink.

Yugi just smiled next to me. Happy to see Atem treating me kindly.

It was just a simple fruit smoothie. "Oh thank you." I sipped on the drink. "Glad you like it. Now where were we?"

"Oh right, there is more that way." Yugi looked at the map in his hand. The group and I followed the path Yugi pointed to.

"Back into the tunnels, we go," Joey said. "Well.. we never exactly left. We are still underground."

"Uhh. don't say that. Makes me feel worse." Joey Said."

I almost laughed at his comment. I returned to sipping on my drink. Atem quietly watched over me, not saying much. He glanced at Yugi with a smile every once in a while.

Following the slow crowd of people. We looked at the Ancient Egyptian artifacts. The writing was back and was scattered all over the walls.

I was looking a an old vase that had such pretty details on it. I stepped over to the side to glance at some golden jewelry that was quite well preserved. It made me think back to the time Atem lent me some of his jewelry when I returned back to his time for the second time.

Helping me to blend in a bit more. It was a good time. My life there was mostly peaceful. There was a sudden sound of something breaking, really close to me.

*CRASH!*

Spooking me I jumped back a bit, crashing into Atem, and Joey. Joey froze like a cat. Panic flooded over my face. Atem's hand very slowly touched my shoulder to keep me from crushing him into the wall behind me. The empty drink cup slipped from the hands to the ground.

My eyes slowly moved at looked at where the sound that coming from. It was that vase on the shelf I was once looking at. It fell and was broken into many pieces.

"I swear, I didn't touch it..!" My heart raced. This was so creepy. I stepped away from the group, while I tried to calm myself.

 Atem kneeled down and picked up the cup once I stepped away.

 I looked at my friends who were just as surprised as me. 'T-this is so creepy.' I tried to ignore it and keep on walking.

I was looking at some unopened Sarcophagus' many meters away from where the vase fell. Atem was quiet for a while, so I glanced at him. To my surprise, his third eye was showing again. 

Not just that, I felt a strange aura around him, like a bit of his powers were seeping out of him.

"Atem...? are you alright?" I whispered to him.

Our eyes met, and his facial expression changed. He Now looked a bit apologetic. "Hm....? Oh sorry. I'm fine, why?"

I leaned closer to his ear. "You....are glowing a bit." Without a sound, but a shocked look on his face. He looked at his hands. Sure enough, there was a very tiny bit of golden light. He was reacting to something in this museum.

The already gold walls hid this though. People didn't seem to notice though thankfully. I put my hand on his. "Just uh...act normal."

"R-right." 'Hm..it's very feint, but now that she mentioned it. I do feel something, a presence.' He thought to himself. Yugi glanced at the Pharaoh. Of course, he noticed what was happening to Atem, but he knew to keep calm.

I kneeled down next to a stone shelf to look at the artwork. My eyes glittered with how pretty it was. To my right Atem was with the group, a couple of steps ahead looking at some things as well. I glanced at Atem from the corner of my eyes. The way his head was tilted down, showed his hair glisten in the light. It looked so soft. He looked so calm and seemed to be enjoying this so much.

'How pretty..'

I picked myself up and kneeled down next to Atem. I slightly leaned against his side and looked at what was on the shelf. He smelt nice as if he was using that ancient Egyptian perfume he wore back in his time. Whatever it was, it reminded me of his home.

 I could feel his golden blonde hair touch the side of my face. His arm slowly went around my back and placed it on my shoulder. He did not look at me though. His eyes moved as he read the writing in his language on the art.

"Akh..." Muttered Atem softly. "W-what..?" It was something he said in ancient Egyptian.

"...spirit..." He said.

I felt a chill hit me. Atem stood up, pulling me with him. He kept his arm on me.

Some sounds of people getting louder caught my attention. It makes me slightly jump. I tried to turn, but Atem held me in place. "Calm..." He spoke.

'W-what is he talking about?' Atem's forehead was glowing still.

"We..are not alone." He says.