🌸Living With A God At My Side🌹 Part 1

(Happy Birthday Yugi!) It's his birthday today.

{Recap} One last step we took out into the light. The hot desert light of modern Egypt.

"We made it." Atem smiled.

I shake my head. "No Atem. You made it! You returned." I was so happy when Atem grabbed my shoulder giving me a gentle big hug.

"Now I can continue my promise."

"A..Atem...____!!" Yugi's voice caught my ears. I looked up seeing him and Diva coming out from the side of a large rock.

'Here we go. The welcoming party.'

Atem raised his voice next to me, making me almost jump out of my skin. "Yugi!" He sounded so happy. He placed a hand on my shoulder as he passed by me. I stood there from the sidelines watching Atem and Yugi greet each other after a couple of years.

"You did great ____." Diva walked over to me. I shivered a bit remembering the moments I had in there below the sand as I waited for Atem to appear before me, then saw his body slowly builds itself back up. Diva tilted his head. "Or...am I miskaking about something?"

"Oh no, it was quite the adventure in there though.." I could just picture those beetles standing in the doorway. My group had no idea, only Atem and I knew what happened as we came out.

"____..!" Atem's smooth gentle voice called out to me, he held his hand out. "Looks like you are wanted."

I quietly walked over to him and Yugi. "Y-yes" I asked softly. "WEll we wanted to ask if you would like to return." Atems asked.

"Return..where?"

Yugi chuckled. "Well, that would either be home or our hotel."

I glanced at Atem. Was he even well enough to travel?

"What is it?" Of course he could tell something was on my mind. "Are...you well enough to...travel...?"

Atem smiled softly, it made him happy to hear I worried about him. "Do not worry...I'm certain I will be okay."

"Great.. let's go then. We have a long trip." Atem waved at the others.

We went back to our mounts. I was about to climb up, when Atme's hand stopped me. "No...allow me." I wondered why.

"After all the trouble you went to find me, this is what I can offer...so please."

"Okay...then." Atem climbed up, but I could tell he was still stiff and in pain a bit. He held a out for me. I climbed back on top of the horse, right behind the Pharaoh.

This was only the begining. I still had to face Kaiba at some point, then there was living with Atem here. I wondered how long he could stay here? Knowing the past with issues with magical powers and villians. It's possible that would follow us too.

-To Be Continued 🌸