🌸The Mummy In Golden Light 🌸Part 2

It was him, Atem

It was him, Atem. The more and more I waited, his human body slowly put itself back together. Did he remember me, or does he even know how to speak?

The violet eye looked up at me. The other side was still a dark hole. Most of his body was normal now. His face however was not full. I felt a chill hit me, as he looked into my soul with that eye. He slowly stood up. He moved his half-skeleton face a bit.

I watched curiously. I was shocked to hear a muffled, tired voice come out of his mouth.

"H-hello....____." He said.

My breath caught inside of me. He did seem to remember me. I was standing pretty far away from him, he understood why. The guy did not look like himself yet.

"Do not fear...I'm just still recovering myself." He sunk back against his casket. He seemed a bit ashamed of how he looked, though there was a glimmer of happiness in his one eye.

"I'm..not afraid..just...this is new to me."

"You looked at me...as if I was going to harm you. Well, I do not blame you....this feels strange to me." He lifted his fully healed arm, then he held it out across to me. He turned his head to the side, hiding his not-so-pleasant-looking face.

My heart was racing. It was hard to explain what I was feeling. His outstretched arm just stayed there, waiting for me. "I am...a bit weak still." He spoke.

I took a few steps towards him. He still did not move, he waited for me. I took a couple more steps forward. Before I knew my worries were consuming me. I was standing right where his hand was.

The familiar golden arm cuff caught my attention. His arm was not a skeleton no more. The two rings on his fingers shinned a bit as I looked down.

I put my hand on top of his. He was not cold, no he was very much alive. "It really is you Atem," I muttered. He looked at me with one eye. His head was still tilted away from me.

"Yes, I promise." He gently pulled his hand back, grasping mine in his. I followed.

I stood before him. "I think it's time." I looked down at him, as he began to turn his face to me. My heart raced. Preparing myself to see a creepy face.

I was

wrong.

There were no bones to be seen. He was fully healed. Now his two violet eyes glittered in my direction. "I understand if you are..uncomfortable still. However, we should leave here." Atem stood up.

He began to wobble. I shot forward to steady him with my body.

"Hm! ____??" He gasped.

"I..I can't just let you suffer alone. I will help you.."

"Very well, thank you." I placed Atem's arm over my shoulder, as I helped him walk towards the exit. "We can catch up later," I said

"...yes, we will. Surely you are not alone?" Atem asked.

Then I saw something strange cross in front of us. "Was that a bug?"

"What?" Atem blinked his tired eyes. I tensed a bit, making Atem wonder what I just saw.

Another black dot zipped across our path. "There! see that?"

"Relax.., we need to stay calm." He used his arm over my shoulder to hug me closer to him.

"I was going to say I was not exactly alone."

"Kheper...." Atem muttered. "Huh?"

"Or should I say, scarab." He adds.