six, she's definitely one of us

SWEET NICOTINE | CHAPTER SIX
(
I'M ALSO OUT OF HERE, DON'T BE STUPID...)

)

 What made the blonde teenage girl decide to head down to the school was still undetermined but AJ stood outside the Kildare County public high school by John B's van in wait for the pogues.

She was holding the book she was reading that morning in her hands, skimming through it as she waited for the school day to end. When the bell sounds AJ decides to put the book in the bag she brought with her and her eyes go to the building, looking around for some familiar faces.

She started to walk forward when she saw the boys and as she got closer she met Pope's eyes. Just as AJ raised her hand to wave who AJ assumed was a teacher came out from a classroom and stopped the boys.

AJ slowed, hearing the teacher talk. "Mr. Heyward, Mr. Routledge, Mr. Maybank. Just the men I wanted to see" Pope turns his head to look back over at AJ and he shares a look with her. He ultimately decided to wave her over as he entered the classroom and who was she to object following?

"I digitalize documents for the maritime museum, and in return, I've been given access to the archives and I found" AJ stopped at the classroom door, watching as the teacher walked towards a closet.

Pope shared a look with AJ and she fiddled with her hands but furrowed her brow at what the teacher grabbed. "you found a box?" She asked and the teacher looked up, sending the girl a questioning look. "AJ, with them" She let out, stepping into the classroom now

"AJ" The teacher replied with a nod. "it's more than a box"

"That's a good start," Pope said, his eyes going to the box as the teacher opened it. A journal covered by a bag was sitting inside the box and AJ couldn't help but be intrigued.

"go ahead, Mr. Heyward. Uh, careful with that" Pope opened the bag and held the book in his hands. AJ got closer and Pope moved his shoulder back a bit so she could stand next to him and look at the journal.

"whoa" Pope breathed out, the first page adorned with the wheat symbol. The same wheat symbol on every bar of the gold and every single page linked to Denmark Tanny.

"It's a diary. the authors unknown"

"shit." AJ was in shocked awe but realized quickly she swore in a school and looked up to the teacher. "sorry" He chuckled before retreating to the closet.

"and this is a sample of a Denmark Tanny letter. Compare the handwriting" It was placed in AJ's hands and she held the paper like it was the most fragile piece of paper she had ever held. "it's nearly identical"

"This is Denmark Tanny's diary. Guys, it's Captain Limbrey" Pope moved to sit on a desk and AJ found her spot at his side again. "August 6th 1829"

"That's the year the royal merchant went down," John B said and AJ looked at him as everything settled in her mind.