eleven, kooks vs pogues round three

SWEET NICOTINE | CHAPTER ELEVEN
(NINE ONE ONE...)

)

The empty church was staring at them in their faces, practically laughing. AJ's head sunk into her hands defeated. The others having similar reactions.

    JJ's freak out was something that did not faze AJ. It just felt like it had been building all day. Everything was always just out of reach. AJ hadn't been there when they lost the gold but she could imagine the feeling very easily now.

    "I knew I didn't hide it well enough. Damn it!" JJ kicked around at the cushions on the ground and AJ looked over to him, the still defeat settling over the church.

    JJ's ramblings continued until a plan formed in his mind. "here's what we do. We'll grab some kerosene tanks from chat, then we-we go to my dad's shop and grab some dynamite and then-"

    "JJ no" AJ let out turning to the boy.

    "Nah, we gotta tell this lady who she's messing with!"

    "that's not gonna help," Sarah said from her spot next to AJ and JJ threw his hands up.

    "Well, then what is?"

    "I'm thinking, okay?" John B said. "we can't just go blow shit up, JJ"

    "Pope, I'm sorry" JJ apologized and AJ turned her focus to the boy standing at the front of the church, looking out the window. Her expression unreadable.

    "Denmark would've stood right here preaching to everyone he set free. A slave the sole survivor of the royal merchant, he got the gold and the cross and he brought them both to shore and he used it to free every person who walked through those doors. He made a church, a family, a congregation" He paused and AJ looked to JJ, trying to gauge what was going to happen next.

    "a home. And the Limbrey's took everything from him. They sicced dogs on his wife and his kids, and when he tried to get her remains, they hung him. Well, I'm done. I'm tired of that shit. That is not how this is going to end. We need a freaking win, guys. I'm going to get my family's cross" He walked past them and to the church doors. Before stopping and looking back.

    "you guys coming?"

    "Well, if you put it that way" John B tilted his head, pretending to think about it. AJ smiled to herself and shrugged.

    "maybe we should think about it, you know?" JJ pointed out

    "pros and cons?"

    "pros and cons list" JJ and John B went back and forth.

    "shut up" AJ rolled her eyes before pushing JJ forward.

    "hell yeah, we're coming Pope!" JJ finally let out as they started to leave the church. Piling into the twinkie that was parked outside the church still.