ten, a pediactric dose of epinephrine

SWEET NICOTINE | CHAPTER TEN
(WHO'S NOT LIFTING RIGHT NOW?...)

)

"shit, this place is old" AJ let out from the passenger seat as they pulled up to the church. Sarah grimaced at the sight of it from the driver's seat.

    "how much you wanna bet this thing falls apart while we're in there?" Sarah asked and AJ turned to face the girl.

    "it might fall apart before we even get in."

    "yeah like when we open the freaking door" Sarah shook her head as the two blonde girls got out of the van. The boys were already at the door, opening it. Sarah and AJ were practically holding their breath.

    AJ tried to take in the view of the church, the practically ancient building freaking her out a bit. "Okay, you're telling me Denmark Tanny decided to hide the cross here?" JJ asked, flicking a piece of paint from the wood.

    "mh-hmm" Pope murmured.

    "there's a cross hidden in here?" Sarah used a more hushed tone when talking to AJ and the other blonde shrugged.

    "guess so"

    "Everybody just spread out," Kiara said, walking away from the door to look around herself.

    "Okay, well, if I was a cross and wanted to be hidden in an old church, where would I hide?" John B thought out loud.

    Sarah and AJ stuck together as they looked, the two girls probably exchanged the least words of the rest but for some reason, both girls felt a pull to the other. AJ felt like Sarah just understood each other better than the rest.

    "Are you sure that Denmark hid the cross here, Pope? Like, are we at the right church?" JJ asked from across the church.

    "it's gotta be here somewhere, guys" Pope assured us.

    "what if we have to push a secret button or, like play, like a-a certain chord and then all of a sudden the ground beneath us reveals the catacombs or something on which we stand?"

    "JJ that's stupid" AJ let out and the boy rolled his eyes.

    "I don't see you coming up with any genius suggestions" He turned to her.

    "I don't see you coming up with any genius suggestions" She mocked his words before giving him the finger.

    "Okay, how about we try to find obvious clues?" John B let out and Kiara huffed.

    "it's not an escape room"

    "it's gotta be in here" Pope stated.

    "AJ" Sarah's voice made the girl walk over to her. "yeah?" She questioned and AJ watched as Sarah tapped against the wall. "what if he hid it in a wall?"