thirty two, for what it's worth

SWEET NICOTINE | CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
(
JUST A WEIRD DREAM...)

 "We gotta get going," Sarah said, looking at the plane and back to the others

 "We gotta get going," Sarah said, looking at the plane and back to the others. "he's gonna call the cops again, I know it"

"yeah, wouldn't put it past him" AJ shook her head.

"Has he called?" Sarah asked John B, referring to JJ.

"Have you heard from him?" Pope added.

"No, nothing." John B shook his head, looking down at his phone.

"We have to go. We don't have eight hours. And Topper probably already called the police" Sarah walked to AJ, letting the girl use her arm to put her weight on. AJ let out a small thank you before the blonde pair walked to the plane.

AJ was at the top of the stairs when Cleo caught her attention.

"Wait, that might be jj right there" She pointed at the bike that sped towards them, two passengers.

"well then who's that?" Sarah questioned when a second bike turned onto the tarmac.

"guys, I don't think that's JJ" AJ said, panic settling in her stomach. The first motorcycle screeched to a stop in front of them and Rafe Cameron pulled his helmet off. Ward slumped on the bike behind him,

"Hey. You're okay, Dad. Come on, you're good" He got off the bike first and Ward fell. The second bike came to a stop and AJ shouldn't have been surprised to find Logan removing his helmet and resting it on the bike.

"no" AJ shook her head, a living nightmare playing out in front of her.

"Hey, hey Dad, Hey come on. You're okay" Rafe assured the man and the pogues stared in disbelief at the scene in front of them.

"come on, help! help!" Rafe yelled and then looked at Sarah. "Don't just stand there I need some help, please, come on" he turned back to helping his injured father up and AJ could feel Logan's eyes on her.

Sarah gave in at the same time Logan walked to the plane. She went to help her dad and Logan couldn't pull his eyes from his big sister's bandaged leg.

"What happened?" Logan and Sarah asked the same question at the same time, their voices melding together in AJ's head. She moved back into the plane to allow Sarah and Rafe to help Ward in.

"You're good," Rafe said to Ward. "A fisherman spotted him all right? They know he's alive. We gotta get him off the island right now"

"Shit this cannot be happening" Sarah shook her head.

"Amelia, what happened?" Logan stepped into the plane, trying to meet her eyes.

"why are you here?" She got out, finally meeting the boy's eyes.

"I'm helping Ward. We won't get in your way, we're leaving. We're getting you to Orinoco and we're leaving." He tried to assure her but she shook her head and moved to the top of the steps.