Chapter 2

October 2021

Third person POV:
A month passed and it was quite long and boring.
Haneul got used to the biology teacher and maths and chemistry were going well for her, probably because she and the annoying chem partner she had on the first day hadn't interacted at all and it was still weird how she didn't even know his name.
What was keeping her excited however was the Halloween party that was gonna take place after school on Friday but, things weren't gonna make her as excited when she saw Jisung in the morning.

"Something came up so I can't go to the party this Friday"
"What why??"
"I have a blood test"
"Why did it have to be on the day of the Halloween party ughhh"
"You can still go with Minho and his group, including Jungkook" he smirked.
"Oh no no no no no no no-"
"Relaxxxx don't worry at least you'll be with Minho"
"But I'll rather be with you, Jeongyeon and Yuna"
"Maybe next time" he smiled as he patted her shoulder lightly.

The day of the party came and Haneul, Jeongyeon, Yuna and Jisung were all on the bus. Jisung had decided to get off at the last stop for that day because he had to take a train to the hospital.
"Have fun at the party tonight Han" Jeongyeon goes
"Did you forget that I can't go?" Jisung replied.
Everyone else looked at each other in confusion.
"I also go by the name Han since it's my surname?"
"Ohhh you're a Han? Han is just a nickname of mine that you can call but don't worry we won't get mixed up with you"
"Yeah besides only Haneul is worthy of being called Han here so we definitely won't get confused between the two" Yuna says as she barges past Jisung.
"YAH YOU ARE LUCKY I DIDN'T DO MY BLOOD TEST YET"
"ME LUCKY? YOU SHOULD BE THE ONE LUCKY OTHERWISE YOU'LL BE CRYING LIKE A BABY"
"ME??? A BABY??? YEAH BECAUSE I AM WAY CUTER THAN YOU"
"WHAT DID YOU SAY???"
Jeongyeon and Haneul just observed the two as they walked slowly towards the station together, bickering like little kids.
"Let's just pretend we don't know them, ok?" Jeongyeon says as they both giggled.
"WE CAN STILL HEAR YOU!!" Jisung and Yuna both shouted in unison.
"Don't worry you'll be fine without us" Jeongyeon reassured her.
"EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE GONNA MISS US" Yuna shouted from afar as she flipped her hair and then pretended to wipe away a tear.
"Yeah yeah I will" Haneul laughed.
"SEND US PICS!" Jisung shouted as they all parted ways.

Haneul got home and went straight to her room as she quickly got dressed. Even though the party was after school, it started at 5:00 and it was currently 4:30
The dress code was y2k but even though Haneul didn't really have the clothes for that, she still managed to pull off something. She wore baggy jeans, black boots, a white top with a blue denim jacket and a black cap with rings. She took a picture of her fit and sent it to Jisung, Jeongyeon and Yuna on their own group chat, got her purse and left the house.

Whilst on the bus, Haneul looked at the time.
5.00
"Oh great I'm already late and people are probably having fun and enjoying themselves" she muttered.
However, 10 minutes later when she entered the school, this wasn't the case because there wasn't many people.
She didn't even see Minho and his group.
She walked around the school to see other students chatting with their friends but there was no one she could recognise.
Whilst still looking around, she accidentally bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" she apologised as she looked up to meet the eyes of,
"You??"
The boy looked at her confused as if he didn't recognise her.
"do I know you?"
Haneul looked at the boy and stared as if she was analysing him in detail, which she was.
He looked different, wearing a white shirt with a grey hoodie along with blue jeans and a pair of trainers and this time he didn't wear glasses, showcasing his beautiful doe eyes.
Did he really not remember her?
"I was your chem partner on the first day of school?" she cocked her eyebrow and slightly pouted, giving a quite cute, confused face.
"Ohhhh you!! My bad" he laughed "I don't really know everyone in my classes yet"
Interesting. So had he really forgotten about the bad first day interaction? Maybe it was time to start afresh.
"I see" Haneul tilted her head and laughed quietly.
"What's your name?" the boy asked.
"Wow, you really don't know don't you?" Haneul shook her head as she laughed again.
"Once again, I am sorry" the boy replied as he laughed whilst hiding his face from embarrassment.
"Haneul, and yours?"
"Wow, so here you are ranting me out for now knowing your name while you're here not even knowing mine" the boy sulked jokingly as he crossed his arms and huffed.
"Hey hey hey that doesn't count because I sit at the back while you're all the way at the front so I never hear you or your name being called out"
"Yeah yeah whatever you say"
"If it makes you feel better, I am sorry" Haneul said as she tried to act dramatic about the situation.
"What are you doing?" the boy asked as he laughed loudly, cackling even.
"See I made you feel better didn't I?" she said as she stuck her tongue out, "now will you tell me your name?"
"It's Sunwoo" the boy replied as he smiled.
Maybe he isn't as annoying as she thought he was.