Chapter 12

October 2022

Haneul's POV:

Ever since Hayoung blocked me, I decided not to delete my socials just in case she ever did decide to text me. I thought about trying to reach out to her, but what use was that when she wanted to block me for a reason, so I decided to leave her alone. I didn't tell Yoongi, however, since it was best I didn't talk to him for a while.

I arrived at Giselle's party and immediately saw Lia.

"Haneul!!" she exclaimed as she ran over to me.

I would've done the same if only I wasn't wearing heels.

"Lia! I missed you so much!"

"Same! How have you been?"

"Not too bad, just kinda wish I stayed at Apgujeong"

"Hey, a smart girl like you deserves to stay at the best school possible. At least we can still keep in touch"

Before I could say anything, the host of the party was telling us to get to our designated seats.

"You're sitting at that table over there" Lia said as she pointed at the table near the front where Ryujin was standing, watching us the entire time.

As soon as Ryujin and I made eye contact however, she unfolded her arms which were crossed and gave me a warm smile, her eyes filled with excitement.

"I'll see you around then" I said to Lia before giving her a hug and going to my table.

"Brooo" Ryujin started as I approached her, "You look so cool, man"

"Likewise" I laughed in return.

I looked at Ryujin and realised that a year really was too long for me.

She was now wearing makeup and had done her hair and she was wearing a blush pink dress that was casual and simple but suited her.

I have always seen her with just jeans and a shirt or a tracksuit so I was left speechless seeing her wear a dress to what seemed like the first time to me.

We gave each other a hug before sitting down while the ceremony was about to begin.

The host of the party was announcing Giselle's family and then talked about Giselle's journey from when she was born to now.

Giselle then came in looking like a princess as everyone rose from their seats and started clapping.

She then took her seat whilst the host carried on talking.

"Psst"

I looked over at the person who whispered to me.

"Did Lia tell you already?" Ryujin whispered.

"About how you guys aren't talking anymore?"

Ryujin nodded slowly.

"Yeah, she told me a few weeks ago. I was actually about to ask you"

"Ask me what?"

"Why aren't you guys talking anymore?"

Ryujin took a deep breath.

"Han, I'm not going to lie to you but, I never really liked Lia in the first place"

"What, why?"

"Did you not realise the way she was talking bad about people?"

I hate to admit, during lunch back in secondary, the three of us would just walk around whilst spilling out our personal tea and drama.

Lia would be the one to talk about how she would find certain people annoying and told us what had happened.