Chapter 11

September 2022

Haneul's POV:

Year 13 had now begun. The final year before we go off to University. During the summer, I had written my personal statement and had to rewrite it and make many drafts around a thousand times. We have to pick five universities to apply to and so, after careful consideration, I decided to pick three outside of Seoul and two in Seoul, mostly because I wanted to leave home and be free.

The five Universities that I picked were Oxford, Seoul National University, Yonsei University, Busan National University and Chonnam National University.

Many teachers read over my personal statement and my mother approved of the Universities that I applied to so, I finally sent my application.

Now all I had to do was get ready for the TSA, the exam that will determine if I can go to Oxford or not.

Over the summer holidays, I did not prep for the exam at all. Now I only had until November.

"Hurry up! You're gonna make us late!" I heard someone shout from outside my bedroom window.

I looked out to see an angry Hiyyih with her arms crossed, tapping her foot impatiently whilst waiting outside of Jaeyun's house.

"Wait, I am coming! Geez!" I heard Jaeyun shout back from his bedroom.

I laughed at the scene and then went to get my schoolbag before leaving the house.

By the time I met up with Hiyyih and we were doing our own little handshake, Jaeyun opened his front door, his hair looking very messy and his uniform looking very out of place.

"Finally! Let's go school now" Hiyyih sighed as she linked arms with me and we started to head off to the bus stop.

Jaeyun lightly jogged towards us after he locked his door and tidied himself up, without fixing his hair.

"Out of all people on this planet, why does she have to live next to me?" he groaned as he walked beside me.

"As if I don't feel the same way" Hiyyih rolled her eyes, "I only wanted to go to school with you because otherwise, I would get lost and then be late to my first day"

"Yeah yeah, whatever" Jaeyun muttered back.

"Hey, you better treat her nicely and show her around the school" I warned Jaeyun, jokingly.

"You're telling this to me?! You should be telling her to treat me nicely!"

Hiyyih replied by sticking her tongue out at him, him returning it back.

"You know, there are going to be tryouts for the boxing team, if you're interested" Jaeyun announced.

"Of course I'm interested, when are they?" Hiyyih asked.

"Some point this month"

"Cool, I'll see you on the team then, if you even make it"

"Oh, you think you'll be on the team?"

"Of course! What makes you think I won't?"

"Because I'm the captain" Jaeyun replied with a smug smile.

"Ugh" was all that left from Hiyyih's mouth.

Form time arrived and we were given our timetable for this year.

"Wow psych first, what a way to start the year" Jisung complained.

"You didn't drop psychology?"

"Nope, decided to drop politics instead because it's more boring"