Chapter 22

August 2023

Haneul's POV:

My birthday photos were finally sent to me by the photographer and I wanted to post them on insta, but was there any point if I was 18 two months ago?

I thought about whether or not I should still post the photos so, I decided to make a poll on my close friends.

Few minutes later, I see that Sunwoo replied to my story, as well as messaged me beforehand.

Sunwoo 🦝: "Hey sorry, I've been on holiday with family so I only saw your messages now. What have I done during summer so far? Well, other than my France trip, I've been getting ready for my car theory test and just been hanging out with my sister since I don't think I'll have the time when we start uni"
                        "How about you? Do you have any more plans for the summer? And how have you been? I've seen your stories about how you went to Jeju Island the other day"

And then his reply to my story was,

Sunwoo 🦝: kinda too late but if you really want to then go ahead

I just liked the last message before replying to his questions with voice notes,

Me: "I'm gonna go to the bookstore with Haruto tomorrow and maybe hang out with friends during this month, if I get the chance"
         "I've been alright I guess, haha. But maybe just a little bit scared for results day next week"

Not to my surprise, he left me on delivered.

I had to sleep early for my day out with Haruto tomorrow but these days, my sleep schedule has been so messed up and I only go to sleep at around 5am.

So that's what I did.

"So, how have you been?" Haruto asked as we sat together on the train the next day.

"Very, very tired"

"Why?"

"I didn't sleep well last night"

"Why? Were you too excited to meet me again?" he teased, causing me to smack him.

"No" I laughed. "For some reason, I can't go to sleep until 5am"

"5am??? What are you doing until then?"

"Nothing. Just reading and watching Netflix"

"Hmm, you sound very suspicious" he raised an eyebrow at me.

"What do you mean?" I scoffed before I chuckled.

The doors of the train opened just then, "No time to explain, we are getting off now" he said as he stood up and I followed suit, before getting off the train with him.

"If I'm being honest, I forgot how to get there so, let's use google maps" he said as he pulled out his phone whilst we walked up the stairs to leave the train station.

"I don't trust that"

"Google maps has never failed me"

"We'll see"

After countless wrong turns and going in the wrong direction twice whilst having to walk and endure the pain in our feet, we finally arrived at the bookstore.

There was only one problem.

"It's closed?!"

"Shit, why is it closed on Mondays?" Haruto groaned in frustration.

"Did we not check the opening times online?" I asked as I searched up the bookstore on my phone. "Oh, it does say here that they close on Mondays"

"Shitttt" Haruto sighed. "I'm sorry, Haneul" he apologised before he pulled me in for a hug.