Chapter 14

December 2022

Haneul's POV:

I've been thinking, since Minho is trying to move on from Jaehyun, Jisung now has a chance. So, as a good friend, I should try to help, right?

I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

"Wait, so what exactly will be your plan in trying to get me with him?" Jisung asked.

It was form time and Miss Park wasn't in, so everyone was just chatting amongst themselves and not doing any work.

"I guess I could make it obvious that someone else likes him and then make it obvious that it's you?"

"Wait, no! I wanna confess to him on the last day of school so, don't tell him that I like him, ok?"

"Alright then, and don't worry, I've been keeping your secret safe this whole time so I can definitely keep it for longer"

"Thanks Haneul, I trust you"

"But, don't you want me to help you get with him?"

"Yeah, just don't tell him I like him"

"How am I supposed to help you then?"

"Okay, okay, do whatever you think is best but just don't tell him I like him, that's all I'm worried about"

"Alright"

It was lunch time and I was hanging out with Yeri, Seulgi, Yunjin and Gaeul.

Gaeul and Yunjin were listening to music whilst Yeri, Seulgi and I were just talking.

I then saw Minho and we made eye contact before he gave a smile and a wave.

"I'll be back guys" I told them as I went to Minho.

"Hey Haneul" he smiled.

"Yooo"

I tried to be normal since I am trying to be a wing woman after all but, that clearly wasn't working.

Minho laughed before saying, "How's Sunwoo?"

"Shush!" I quickly panicked as I looked around to check if Sunwoo was actually near us. "His code name is 19"

"Ohh sorry, but why 19?"

"S is the 19th letter of the alphabet"

"Ahh smart" he nodded in reply, "You know, I'm telling you this because I genuinely care about you, but you can do better"

"What do you mean?"

"Sun- I mean, 19 is so annoying and rude and you're the complete opposite. He doesn't deserve someone like you"

I laughed before saying, "Yeah, I should really move on"

"You really should" he sighed. "Men are the most useless, clueless piece of shits in the world"

"Including you?"

Minho immediately gave me a glare.

"Kidding!"

"I know, don't worry" he laughed. "But yeah, Haneul, I really suggest you just focus on school and exams and forget boys because they're the worst"

Even though it was clear that Minho wanted to move on, I thought it was the right timing to try and get him to like Jisung.

"Well," I started. "what if there was someone who was a good person, treats you right and is amazing and all and has a crush on you?"

"Someone has a crush on me?"