Chapter 20

June 2023

Haneul's POV:

The month of June had started and instead of studying for the exams that will determine my future, I was doing something far more my liking.

Scrolling through insta reels.

One reel caught my eye as the caption wrote, 'what do you do when you like someone?' and the sound was 'what is rule number one?'

The guy then lip-read the sound that said 'party?' whilst the caption read 'tell them you like them on the last day of school?'

The sound then went 'no, you don't party' whilst the guy in the reel pretended to act embarrassed.

I found it ironic at first since that was what Jisung wanted to do with Minho, but then I suddenly remembered how I'm the reason the two of them aren't friends anymore.

Although Minho and I are still fine, Jisung and I have become very distant and I had to admit, I quite missed him. Maybe he's become distant because of what I did and to be fair, I don't blame him.

Of course, I wasn't planning on confessing to Sunwoo on the last day let alone any day but, I decided to post that reel on my close friends just for bants while captioning it with 'lol so how is everyone doing?'

Few minutes later, I get back on insta to see that I got so many messages from so many people that all said 'replied to your close friends story'

I started laughing as I replied to each one with either,

'Loool it's an inside joke' to the ones that didn't know about 19.

Or 'ARE YOU MAD I WOULD NEVER' to the ones that knew about 19.

After replying to all the messages, I get another message from another person that replied to the story,

Wonyoung 🍒: You like someone??? 👀👀👀

Wonyoung was someone who had been in my bio class in both Year 12 and in Year 13. We weren't close in the beginning but we suddenly became very close a few months ago when we were doing a practical. It was then that I realised she was such a sweet person, who also happened to share the hatred of bio.

On the last day, she wrote a nice message on my shirt,

My cute, little Haneul, you have the sweetest smile and I hope to continue seeing you smile on results day (praying we do well in bio)
- Wonyoung <3

Before we left the gates to go home on the last day, she ran to me and said that we should take pics, which we quickly did before the teachers shooed us away.

She then sent me her snap on insta after school and I added her and saw that she posted a pic of us on her private story, captioned with 'Haneul is so cute'

Okay, I'll tell her about 19.

Me: Maybe 👀👀👀

Wonyoung 🍒: OMG WHO???

Me: guess 🙃

Wonyoung 🍒: Namjoon?

I had forgotten that Namjoon was also in our bio class but immediately started to miss the days when we had mini banter during our chem lessons with Mr Kim.

His message on my shirt was also unexpected,

Wishing you good luck in the future, my favourite chem partner :)
- Namjoon

Me: nahhh but he's such a fun and cool guy

Wonyoung 🍒: I saw his message on your shirt and it was sooo cuteeee 😫