Chapter 3

"Sweetie, we're sorry but having Paige is-"

"Best for business, I know, but mom...we can't trust her."

"You sure about that, or is that your jealously talking?" My dad asks me.

I try to hide my chuckle. "Jealous? Of her?" I laugh openly this time, wiping a tear from my eye. As if.

My dad smirks. "Well since you find this whole situation hilarious, how about you and Paige team up tomorrow against the Bellas for the SmackDown taping?"

I stop laughing. "Who's laughing? I don't find anything funny."

He shakes his head. "Too late, it's done."

I look to mom. She holds up her hands. "I am not in this one."

I groan and get up to leave. My dad calls out to me.

"Asher, just give her a chance."

I stop with my hand on the door knob, and turn my head to look at them. "She had one chance, and she lost it. The only thing next is a warning. And if she doesn't listen to that...she'll have a big problem on her hands." I exit the room before they can say anything else.

On my way down the hall, I'm stopped by Renee Young. I almost forgot that RAW was still going on.

"Asher, if I could have a moment of your time?"

I nod. "Sure. What is it?"

"Well, it has been 8 months for you and Seth and you seem to be going strong. He's the WWE World Heavyweight Champion, but you hold no title. Do you worry that him being at the top could cause a strain in your relationship?"

I laugh while shaking my head. "Renee." I stop laughing and look at her. "Seth may be all kingly with his championship, but I don't need a championship to be at the top. I'm the best thing this division has to offer, and no one is going to take that or Seth away from me." I leave without another word. Too many questions were driving me crazy, and if I had to team with Paige tomorrow, I would need all the sanity I could get.

I walk into the Diva's Locker Room and put my gear on for my match. I still had a while to go, but I was anxious. I flex my fists, ready to punch someone in the face.

"Hey Asher." I turn around to see Nikki. I was fighting the other one tonight.

I smirk. "Brie, oh sorry. I meant Nikki." It's not like I didn't like her, but after John had dumped her she had become real stuck up.

She laughs sarcastically. "Funny. I just wanted to say good luck tonight."

I roll my eyes. "I don't need luck. Especially against your sister."

She puts a hand to her chest. "I didn't mean against Brie. I meant with Paige."

"What are you talking about?"

She looks around before leaning in closer, the sly smirk gone off her face. "Look, I know you don't like me all that much, but I really want to warn you. Paige is no good. She's the reason John broke up with me."

I raise my eyebrows. This was new. I shake my head trying to process this. "Wait. I thought John broke up with you because you were selfish and high maintenance?"

She just looks at me with a small frown. "Keep thinking that, but if you're as smart as you think you are...you'd watch your back." I watch her walk away, half believing her, and half believing she was a liar.

Only one way to find out.