Chapter 11

Wednesday

"No Seth, the skull goes by the crown."

He turns to look at me from his spot on the floor. "Does it matter?"

I roll my eyes. "I don't know, let's ask my father. Daddy?" I call out to him. He comes out of the kitchen with an apron and oven mitts on. Me and Seth start laughing at him.

"Hey," he says, pointing at us with a gloved hand. "Your mom can't cook the turkey by herself. And shouldn't you be making the pie?"

"Well, I would be if Seth would put the decorations where they go. Come here." He walks over to stand beside me as we look at the Christmas tree. "Can you please tell Seth where the skull goes?"

He points to its location. "By the crown."

I smirk at Seth as he looks at Dad. "What? Why?"

"Because the skull represents my dad, and the crown represents my mom, and they stay together to show the strength in their relationship."

Dad puts an arm around my shoulder. "That's my girl." I wrap my arm around his waist and hug him.

"Hunter." Mom comes out of the kitchen with her hands on her hips. "I still need you to peel potatoes. Asher and Seth, you aren't done with the tree yet? Keep in mind the presents still have to go under it."

"I know Mom, tell that to Seth."

She lets out a sigh and heads back into the kitchen, followed by Dad. Holidays stress her out.

Seth smirks up at me. "Christmas with your family? A handful."

I grab his chin and pull his lips to mine. When I pull away I hand him another ornament. "Not if you do it right."

He places sloppy kisses on my hand. I jerk it away, laughing, and hang it myself. "Voila. Perfect."

"Your dad and Shawn?" He says studying the ornament.

I nod. "Yep. Tiny figurines of their 2009 DX days." I look at the ornament. "I'm glad they censored their butts."

Seth nods in agreement. "Yeah, me too."

The doorbell rings and I glance at it then back to Seth.

"I thought everyone was arriving tomorrow," he asks.

I shrug and head over to the door. "Guess not." I open the door and a smile appears on my face, as I am surprised by who's there.

"YaYa, Gramps!" I pull both of my grandparents into a hug after they put down their suitcases. "I thought you weren't arriving until tomorrow?" I pull away to look at them.

YaYa Linda looks at Grandpa Vince. "This one over here couldn't stay in Manhattan for one more minute.

He shrugs. "I got bored. And I wanted to see my beautiful granddaughter." He holds his hands out to me. "You look wonderful."

I laugh and pull him into another hug. "Thanks. You don't look so bad yourself Gramps."

"Come on, Vince, let's go tell Steph and Hunter we're here. Can you take our suitcases to our room sweetie, we still have presents to wrap."

I nod and she kisses me on the cheek as she walks by and Gramps ruffles my hair. They greet Seth as they continue into the kitchen.

I pull my grandparents' suitcases to Seth. "Sethie, can you take these upstairs? It's the room down the hall from mine, on the right side."

He stands up and grabs the suitcases from me. "Anything to get away from this tree."

I make a face at him as he heads upstairs. Now to finally get this done right.

"Asher," my mom calls out to me. "If you don't come in here, and do your Oreo pie, my mom is going to do it."

"YaYa, that's my job." I leave the ornaments and head into the kitchen to make my pie.

---------------------------------

After I put the pie in the freezer, I make my way back to the living room. "Alright, I'll help you with the..." I look up at the masterpiece in front of me, "...tree."

"You like it?" Seth asks with a hopeful smile on his face. I nod. The ornaments are all on it, the lights have been put up, and even the presents are under the tree. It looks amazing.

Seth continues, "I used logic to figure out where everything should go. And look. I even got some new ornaments."

I move closer to the tree to see what he's talking about. Highlighted by the light green Christmas lights, there's a little Starbucks coffee cup hanging on the tree in the middle of tiny replicas of the Diva's belt and the WWE World Heavyweight Champions.

"The coffee cup is a symbol of our.."

"First date," I finish for him. "It's beautiful." I turn to look at him. "You did all of this by yourself?"

He gives me a sheepish grin. "Vince and Hunter helped. But only for a minute."

"It's fantastic." Except, I notice something missing. "Where's the tree topper?"

"Ahh," he reaches behind his back and pulls out the WWE symbol we use to top the tree instead of an angel. "Right here...waiting for you."

I smile when he hands it to me, happy he saved me the most important part. "Hey, I'm about to put on the tree topper, if you guys want to watch."

My family hustles into the living room, not ones to usually miss this moment.

I climb the footstool and slowly place the topper on the tip of the tree. "Tada." I say turning to face them.

They start clapping.

Dad holds out a hand to help me down. "I'm so glad this tree is finally done. And it only took," he looks at his watch then up at Seth, "5 hours."

I give him a look. "You could've helped."

"Yeah, and I did by making sure that little smart mouth of yours and the other guests have food on the table. Now if you excuse me, I have dressing in the oven." He makes his grand exit and mom turns to me.

"The holidays stress him out," she says, making me laugh. Her and my grandparents shuffle back into the kitchen.

I pull Seth into a hug. "I'm so proud of you."

He chuckles. "For putting the decorations on a tree?"

I pull back to look at him. "Not just any tree. Our tree. And you did it right."

He gives me a soft kiss on the forehead. "I know how much this Christmas and this tree means to you. I didn't want to ruin it."

I smile, "As long as you're here, I don't think that's possible." I nod my head upwards. He looks up and smiles.

"Mistletoe."

"Yeah, for real this time. Be ashamed to waste it."

He looks back down at me. "I completely agree." He starts leaning in until his mouth has taken hold of mine, and convinced me that nothing can go wrong this Christmas.