Chapter 23

Firstly, I want to say finally! An update! And a very long one at that. My longest one yet.

Secondly, I want to say that after this book is finished I might be taking a little break from Wattpad. It's just, watching WWE and writing WWE are two different ball games, and I don't have time for the added stress of this and college. This means, if I do decide to take a break, sadly, all my books will be on hold. But of course I'll be back. Possibly with a third and final installment to this book too.

And lastly, on a brighter note, I want to thank  justheretoread747, for all the awesome comments you have made in this book, because it means so much to me. You're amazing, and definitely one of the coolest people I've met on this site. Y'all should check her out. And while you're at it, check out her book "Escaping My Reality" because it is pure creativity and a huge joy to read. I would not lie to any of you.

Okay, sorry for the Author's Note at the beginning. You may read now.

Tuesday

I stare at my freshly manicured nails, not imagining that this would be how they looked on Sunday.

"They're nice aren't they?" My mom asks me. I nod quickly.

"Yeah, thanks mom. It's nice to just be out with you. We haven't hung out in a while." I say as I take a seat across from her and pick up my menu to order some lunch.

Today I was spending time with both of my parents separately. Mom got the afternoon, and Dad got the evening.

I briefly think about how I could possibly be spending the rest of the week with my friends in St. Louis. It was a big place with lots of activities, so there would be no shortage of fun if that's what they were aiming for.

I was hoping it was, but my time with them could all consist of manicures, as far as I know.

Mom puts the menu down, and reaches a hand across the table to place it on top of mine. "Me and your father feel the same way. We really missed you Asher, and we're so sorry we didn't believe you about Paige."

I nod, looking her in the eyes. "Both of your words, or just yours?"

She hesitates. "Mine, but I know your father feels the same." I remove my hand out from under her's.

"Mom, I appreciate the gesture of trying to speak for dad, but it's something he needs to tell me himself. You've apologized enough. Now Dad has to man up. And if he doesn't do it this afternoon, I'm done with him."

I admit, that sounded a little harsh. I love my dad, and admire him, but lately his obsession with the WWE had gotten out of hand. It was his way or the highway when it came to storylines, etc., and I miss the days when my grandpa was over the entire thing.

My mom looks at me sadly, knowing the bond me and dad share. "Asher, he'll come around," she says as she picks her menu back up.

I pick mine back up, nodding, hoping he would.

It'd be stupid to lose my dad over one idiotic incident, but he was so stubborn, that losing him was becoming a much more likely possibility.

------------------------------

"Are you even going to pretend to enjoy it?"

I stop watching my bowl of mint chocolate ice cream melt, and look up at my dad. I shake my head. "No, I'd rather it turn into soup first, then enjoy it."

For his allotted time, he chose to spend it with me at Baskin-Robbins. Him and mom took me here all the time when I was younger, and I loved it.

But now? The nostalgia had worn off. Their ice cream is doing about the same thing that Dairy Queen ice cream would do for me right now.