Step Five: The Fight

RAW 

"Mom, Dad. You wanted to see me?" I enter their office and take a seat.

Dad nods. "Kane has brought it to our attention that you might be starting an uproar in the Diva's Locker Room."

I chuckle. "An uproar? What would I get out of that?"

"Well, for starters," Mom says, "you'd be able to get people on your side to take out Paige."

Moms were good. Or maybe she just found that out from Kane, too. I put on my most fake smile. "Mother and Father, I am not trying to 'take out' Paige. Sure we may have had our differences in the past, but I'm a better person now."

My dad scoffs. "Asher, stop. We love you, and you know that, but we will not show favoritism by letting you do this uproar crap. The way you went off yesterday, attacking Paige and inadvertently myself, was completely uncalled for and childish. This is a business, and we do not behave that way."

I only pushed her in retaliation for throwing my hat the ground, but she punched me first. So, she started it. I choose not to mention it and focus on something else.

"Dad, I know, which is why it should be run more like a business. If anyone is starting an uproar it's the both of you. Burying people and not giving them a chance? Great bosses."

Dad smirks. "If you'd like to take a crack at this job, then by all means, be my guest." He gestures to what I'm wearing. "It's not all superhero shirts and beanies. It's hard as hell."

That analogy was inaccurate. It wasn't easy finding the perfect beanie to go with my superhero shirts. Or any shirt for that matter. And don't get me started on Converse.

I stand up from my chair, wearing an identical smirk. "You sure about that? Because all I have to do is talk for twenty minutes straight and carry a sledgehammer like it's the most precious thing on Earth." I roll my eyes. "Please. Thor's Hammer, it's not."

His smirk is wiped off his face and he points a finger at me. "Asher, don't you disgrace my sledgehammer like that."

"Or what? You'll bring out your Cerebral Assassin persona. Because that always works."

"Enough," Mom yells. "Now I don't know what's going on but this needs to stop." She turns to me. "Asher, honey, why are you acting like this?"

"Because Mom, I'm sick of being treated like a child. I can make my own decisions, I don't need Kane breathing down my neck. And if I wanna start an uproar, rave, or whatever in the locker room, it really won't matter, because if Kane wasn't around, you wouldn't notice a thing. I haven't had a decent conversation with either of you since Christmas, because you're both neck-deep in this company and you don't give a damn about what I do!"

I take a deep breath as I stare at my Dad. "Favoritism? To me? Try telling that to Paige. You're so quick to defend her and protect her from me, that you can't see her for what she really is, but you will see. Everyone will see." 

I turn to leave but stop when I get to the door. I look at them. "And I may not want to be treated like a child, but I am still your child. In case you guys forgot." I walk out, letting the door slam behind me.

I went straight to the meeting.

"Hey Ash, you're la-" Seth started, but then stopped when he saw the expression on my face. "What's wrong?"

I shake my head and take my seat.

Everyone at the table just stares at me quietly as Seth speaks again, "Asher..."

I turn to look at him. "I said nothing Seth, okay? Now, we only have a few more steps to go and we need to get them done. The sooner we do, the sooner things can go back to being normal."