Chapter 8

Saturday

I sipped my coffee, staring off into space.

"Asher, I think you just need to let it go," Cody tells me.

I stop sipping and look at him. "Oh I'm sorry, I didn't know you were a "Frozen" fan." I toss my cup in the trash and stand up, grabbing my bags off the ground. Cody and I were early Christmas shopping at the Boardwalk on this nice, cold, Saturday morning.

Unfortunately for me, Cody had decided to ruin its essence by giving me a lecture.

He follows me out of Starbucks and I rub my hands together to warm them. "I'm not, but I don't like that look that you had in your eyes. Paige isn't worth it and I don't want you to make a mistake in going after her."

"Thanks dad." I blow heat into my hands then turn to look at him. "Cody, we all make mistakes. You made one when you decided to put on that Stardust outfit, but look at you now. You took it off. Just think of Paige as the outfit, and me taking her off. And by off, I mean out."

He sighs, "Ash," I cut him off.

"Oh look, Kay's Jewelers. Didn't you wanna get Eden something from there for Christmas? Let's go." I grab his arm and drag him to the store before he makes me want to second guess myself.

——————————————————————————————————

He shrugs. "I think that if Paige is giving you a hard time, you need to put her in her place."

I place a bow on the gift Dolph has wrapped. "My thoughts exactly. Why can't everyone else see things like you?"

"Well, not everyone is as cool as I am." He hands me the wrapping paper.

"Thank you for helping me wrap these presents by the way." I had chosen to wrap and hide them with Dolph, because I did not have time for my snooping father.

Every year he found his gift, but not this time. Dolph would never let him in his hotel room.

"No problem, I'll drop them off at your house before I set out for Cleveland. You are going to Connecticut, aren't you?"

I nod. "Yep, me and Seth are leaving right after the SmackDown taping. The whole family will be there. Even Shawnee and his family are coming down. But you don't have to make that trip. Just bring them to the arena and give them to us before we leave."

He nods. "Sure, no problem."

I look around beside me then look at Dolph. "Hey, is Kane's present in that bag? I'll have to give it to him at SmackDown."

He digs around until he finds it. He passes it to me. "What is it?"

I shrug. "Just something that'll bring back memories for him."

He nods and then puts another gift on the table. "Wrapping paper."

I tear a piece off for myself and hand it back to him. I put another gift on the table, and me and Dolph continue to wrap in silence.

———————————————————————————————————-

"What? No Paige rant?"

I slip another Christmas card into the mailbox and look at Randy. "I've ranted so much to the other guys that I'm kind of tired now. And I realize that this is kinda like a break from her, so I want to take advantage of it."

He smirks. "Yeah, I think Dolph and Cody have told me how much she aggravates you enough. What are you going to do anyway," he says putting in a Christmas card.

I put in another one. "Well, I figure I'll let this week past without too much incident, and give her a taste of her own medicine."

He nods in approval. "Always a classic." He slides in another card and looks at me. "What about you and Rollins?"

"What about us?"

"Paige, she's not causing problems between you two is she?"

I shake my head without hesitation. "No. Well, no serious problems. Just the usual white lie, you know?"

"Yeah I know," he looks in the box of Christmas cards to see if we've mailed them all. "But who knows how far she'll go?"

Oh Randy, you don't even know the half of it.