Chapter 7

"Come on," I tell Paige, reaching my hand out as far as it can go. She's finally able to tag it.

"And Asher and Nikki make the tags," Tom exclaims.

I leap over the ropes and take Nikki out with a diving clothesline. I hit the ropes and, as she stands, hit her with a dropkick.

I yank her up by her hair and Irish Whip her into the corner. I charge at her and knock her in the mouth with a forearm, then throw her into the middle of the ring, hitting the ropes for momentum to knee her in the back of the head.

I get to my feet clapping, tying to pump up the crowd. As Nikki struggles to stand up, I back into my corner, preparing for another knee. I feel a hand hit my back.

"Tag!" The ref says, clapping his hands together. "Out of the ring Asher." Paige smiles at me as we trade places and the crowd boos.

I watch from the apron as she plants Nikki with the Rampaige and gets the pin and win.

"And the winners of this match, Asher Brooke, and the Diva's Champion, Paige!"

I get in the ring and get right in Paige's face. "What was that?"

"What was what?" She asks with a smirk. The ref gets between us and tries to raise both our hands, but I snatch mine away and exit the ring.

I march up the ramp and backstage without another glance behind me.

----------------------------------------

I burst into his office. "Kane, did you see that?"

He nods. "Yes, I did, but Asher, calm down."

I let out a pathetic laugh. "Calm down? Calm down? That stupid Brit stole that victory from me and you want me to calm down? Well, guess what? I'm not calming down. And if you, my mom, or dad won't handle Paige...then I will."

I leave, not meaning to let the door slam behind me, but not caring that it has.

I turn the corner at the end of the hallway and bump into Seth. I hold up my hand before he can speak.

"I'll stop you right there. The reason I met with John and Ambrose was because I needed information on Paige and I got it okay? You don't need to go behind my back and have Paige spy on me like I'm your child." I try to walk past him but he holds out an arm to stop me.

"Hey, hey, Asher. Stop and talk to me." He grabs my shoulders, forcing me to look at him. "Ash, I've never gotten her to spy on you. Ever. I would never get anyone to spy on you. I trust you, and if you want to talk to Ambrose and Cena, I'm cool with that, but what I'm not cool with is you letting her get to you."

He moves his hands off of my shoulder and intertwine them with my own. "You are Asher Brooke McMahon-Helmsley and you don't let anyone get the best of you, because you know you're better than them. So what Paige picked up the victory? What's her 10 to your 100?"

I give him a sad smile. "Thank you for reassuring me Seth, but it's not about that. It's about respect." I pull my hands away from his and start walking motioning for him to follow. "You see Seth, we live in a world where people, as The Rock would say, know their roles. They know where they fall in the pecking order." I stop when I see Paige a little ways off, in catering getting her something to eat as if she didn't just take credit for what I had done.

I turn to look back at Seth and gesture a hand towards her. "Paige doesn't care. She thinks she can do what she wants, when she wants, but that's not how it works. Someone's got to put her in her place and it's gonna be me."

I look at her again. "Not yet, though. Not today."

I look Seth in the eyes, so he knows that I mean it. "But soon."

He glances at Paige then back to me and nods slowly. He grabs my hand and pulls me away from catering. He wraps his arms around my waist and kisses me soft and slowly on the lips. He pulls away to look at me. "Whatever you choose to do, I support your decision...but can soon wait until after Christmas?"

I smile pulling him closer. "Only if that means I have an awesome Christmas gift."

He shrugs. "I guess you'll have to wait and see, but for now, how about a kiss under the mistletoe?"

I look up, not seeing anything. "What mistletoe?" When I look back down, Seth takes the opportunity to steal a kiss from me.

"Oops," he says after he's pulled away. "I could've sworn there was some up there."

I laugh and kiss him again. "You're so lucky you're cute."

"No." He pulls me into a hug. "I'm lucky because I have you, and no one is going to change that."

"Aww, you're such a softie," I say into his chest. When he lets me go I look up at him. "How about we go get some ice cream?" I was in the mood for something sweet.

He drapes an arm over my shoulder, and bites his lip in thought. "I was thinking of something along the lines of...milkshakes," he says raising an eyebrow at me.

I can't stop myself from bursting out laughing as he leads us to the arena parking lot.

If Paige thought I was going to let her take him away from me, she had another thing coming.