Chapter 19

I make it downstairs and into the club quickly.

"Wow," a guy says coming up to me. "You're Asher McMahon-Helmsley. I feel like I should bow."

I smile as I look around. "Always nice to meet a fan."

"Um, can I get a picture?"

My eyes land on Paige and Seth. Seth is sitting at the table, and Paige stands over him. Seth looks like he's about to pass out. I shake my head at the guy and start walking towards Paige. "I'm sorry, but I can't right now," I yell back to him, but don't stop.

When I get to Paige, I tap her on her shoulder. She turns around and when she see me she smiles. As soon as she opens her mouth to speak, I punch her in the face. There's a chorus of "Ohs" as her head hits the table and she falls to the ground, out cold. I flex my hand as I glare down at her, then hurry over to Seth before he falls out of his chair.

I pat him on the cheek. "Seth, can you hear me?"

He nods with his eyes closed. "What you did to the ghost wasn't nice."

"Well, she's not nice. Come on. Let's go." I wrap my arm around his waist and pull him up, he drapes an arm over my shoulder to try to gain some balance as I practically drag him towards the door.

I stop when I get to the guy that asked me for a picture earlier. I didn't like how I blew him off. "Do you still want that picture?"

He looks confused as he looks between me and Seth, before he nods slowly. He pulls up the camera on his phone and stands on the other side of Seth, holding it up for a selfie. I smile widely as he snaps the photo.

"Thank you."

"No problem." I start dragging Seth again.

"Do you want some help?" The fan asks me. I turn to look at him, thinking about it. I glance over at Seth who is humming my Dad's theme song. I look back to the fan and nod.

"Yeah, that would be awesome." He puts his arm around Seth waists and helps me get him to the elevator. I get in and push our floor, then watch the red numbers blink by as we ascend.

"So, do you not like Paige?" I turn my attention away from the numbers and look at the guy, trying to think of something to say. Saying no would make my image look bad. Oh, who am I kidding? I just punched her in the face. My image is in the toilet by now.

"No, not really, but it's a long story. Why?" I narrow my eyes at him. "Are you a Paige fan?"

He shakes his head quickly. "Not at all. You're my favorite Diva."

I smile. "That's good to hear." The elevator stops and the doors ding open. We pull Seth out of the elevator and down the hall to Brie's suite. I lean Seth against the wall and turn back to the guy.

"Thank you so much," I say, hugging him.

"You don't have to thank me," he says after he pulls away. "Meeting you is thanks enough. It's not everyday you run into Asher McMahon-Helmsley. Or a drunk Seth Rollins. Huge fan of both of you."

That brings another smile to my face. "What's your name?"

"Trevor. Trevor Mills." He holds out his hand and I shake it.

"Well, Trevor, I adore all my fans. And since you helped me, I'm going to give you and a plus 1, clearance into Monday Night RAW next week."

His eyes widen. "Seriously?"

I nod. "Yep. I'll clear it with the security guards. You think you'll be able to make it?"

A huge smile takes up the bottom half of his face. "Of course I will. Thank you for this. I've never been to a WWE Event before."

"Then it's your lucky day." I open the door. "I'll see you there Trevor."

"Yes, you will. Thanks again." He waves before turning around and going back to the elevators. He waves again before stepping into it, his smile never wavering.

It felt nice doing a good deed after what I had done.

I look at Seth to see his eyes closed. I pull him off the wall and shuffle into the room, closing the door quietly behind me. Seth's humming kicks up and echoes around the room.

"Shh, Seth. We don't want to wake Brie." His eyes jolt open.

"Brie!? What is she doing in my hotel room?!" I sigh and rub a hand over my face at his yelling. Unbelievable. What are the chances that Brie didn't hear that?

A light clicks on and Brie stands there, rubbing her eyes. "Asher?" She blinks. "Seth?"

"Brie? What are you doing in here? Don't you have your own hotel suite? Wait. Are you even Brie or are you Nikki? I forget how to tell you guys apart sometimes."

Brie looks at me with an amused expression and I shake my head, trying to give her the hint to ignore him. "Long story short? He's drunk."

"Oh, I see," she says. "Do you want me to help you get him to your room?"

"Yeah." I look over at him when I hear him start to sing.

"Welcome to the Kingdom, where the Queens bow down," he starts laughing. "That's not how it goes." I close my eyes as I speak to Brie.

"Let's just get him to bed."

She nods and comes over to help me. "Good, because intoxicated Seth is not the best singer." We get him into the room and let him fall backwards on the bed, then we each take off one of his shoes.

Brie hands me the one she took off. "Now you're on your own. Helping you strip Seth is not in any of my plans." She hurries out the door, closing it behind her.

"I'm only stripping him down to his boxers," I say, more to myself than to her since she can't even hear me.

Seth is no help as I take off his shirt and struggle getting his pants off. He just sits there and mumbles how he's fantasized about this before. I smirk, putting the covers over him. I click off the light and I feel Seth's hand wrap around my wrist in the dark.

"Don't leave me." I can't see his face, but I still smile. I can't believe Paige is so desperate, that she'll try to take him away from me. Even though we were at odds now, it was crazy to think that I could ever lose him.

I kick off my shoes and get under the covers, nudging my hip against him so that he scoots over. When I turn to face him, our noses are touching, and I can hear his soft breathing. "I wouldn't dream of it." I close my eyes and snuggle into his chest, hearing his rhythmic heartbeat as he wraps an arm around me and rests his chin on my head. I can't fall asleep as fast as Seth, but it turns out that he isn't sleep.

"I love you so much, Asher." I start to tell him I love him back, but he continues talking as if I'm not there. "I don't know why I'm letting Ambrose come between us. I mean, I've been jealous of your friends before sure, but I never let it get to me. So why now? It's probably because I'm insecure in my relationship with you because of the way they treat you. You're so beautiful, intelligent, and an amazing wrestler. And what am I? 'The Undisputed Future of the WWE'? And I can't even do that right half the time. But besides you, that's all I've got going for myself. I-I just want to marry you and have children with you, and give you the life that you deserve, but I feel like I can't live up to the McMahon or Helmsley expectations. To your expectations. Not like Ziggler, Orton, Rhodes, or even Ambrose." He yawns. "I'm scared because I can't be what you need me to be, and I'm afraid you might leave me for it. I'm sorry Asher. I'm sorry that I can't treat you like the Queen that you are."

That was so much to sink in. He couldn't have meant all that, could he? Grandpa always told me that a drunk man speaks the truth, but none of that is true, and it never will be.

"Seth," I say looking at him. He lets out a snore, signaling that he's asleep.

I sigh and close my eyes. To know that the man I love feels this way...it's unreal.

I would never leave Seth, and when he wakes up tomorrow, I have to tell him that, because there's no reason he should ever feel like that.