Chapter 17

Royal Rumble: January 24, 2016

I watch as Seth defends his world title against Roman Reigns, not really paying attention, still ticked at my parents. "It's just bull crap, you know?"

The guys turn their attention away from the screen and look at me. I'd been complaining to them for the last few days, as always.

"Asher," Cody says, "maybe you should just talk to them."

Seth counters the superman punch with a spinning neckbreaker. I look at him as I sit cross-legged in my chair. "I don't think that will accomplish much. But still, why invite her to dinner over me?" I look down at my hands. "Does Paige have something that I don't?"

They don't say anything. I look up to see them watching the match again. "Hello?"

"Yeah."

"Uh-huh."

"What?"

I slam my hand on the table and stand up. "Guys, seriously?" I reach over and turn off the television. Before they can groan out their protests, I hold up my hand. "I'm trying to talk to all of you, but you aren't listening." I roll my eyes and walk away. Dolph catches up with me.

I walk a few more feet and then stop. "What? Your turn to comfort me?"

He smirks. "We played 'Rock, Paper, Scissors'."

I crack a smile. "Naturally." I lean against the concrete wall. "Am I overreacting, you think?"

He shakes his head. "Nah, you just don't want Paige taking your spot. It's understandable. And no. She doesn't have anything you don't have. You have it all, and Paige is like your little groupie."

I laugh as I hug Dolph. When I pull away, I pat his cheek. "I know my plan will help Nikki get back together with John, but I wish she would see what a great guy you are."

He shrugs as he gives me a sad smile. "Yeah I'm great...but he's Superman."

I kiss him on the cheek. "Tell Randy and Cody I'll see them later. I'm gonna go wait for Seth to finish his match."

He nods and heads back to the table. Cody and Randy look up and wave at me. I salute them, before heading to the waiting area by the gorilla. I watch the remainder of Seth's match as he comes away with the win.

I bite my lip as I smile at Seth getting his hand raised.

"Wow, your boy sure knows how to show off."

I roll my eyes. "No, that's Dolph's job." I turn to look at Paige with a frown on my face. "What do you want?"

"I'm here to congratulate Seth. After you do, of course," she smirks.

I narrow my eyes at her. No insult? Something was up. I look past her to see my parents coming this way.

Of course she's trying to set me up. I smile as I look at her and talk between gritted teeth. "Nice try, Pasty." I wasn't going to snap this time.

Her smirk drops and, in one swift movement, she yanks my Nirvana beanie off my head.

My eyes widen and my mouth drops open as she spins it around and throws it on the ground.

You do not disgrace greatness like that. "Alright, I've had enough." I push her and she stumbles overdramatically, falling to the ground. I roll my eyes. "You're not worth it."

As I turn around, I feel her grab my hair, yanking me to the ground and getting on top of me to hit me with a punch. She gets a good one in before I block her with a stiff arm to the face, then roll us over. I can't get a punch in past her blocking, but I try as yelling and hurried footsteps sound down the hall, hurrying over to us. It's chaos everywhere.

"Hey! Someone separate those two!" I hear my mom yell. Her voice causes me to stop and look up, which allows Paige to elbow me stiffly in the jaw. Before I can retaliate, two people grab my arms and pin them behind my back as I try to kick at Paige, who's getting helped up by my Dad of all people.

I elbow the person on my right side, and when they release me, elbow the other one too. I charge at Paige again, taking Dad down with us. As soon as I finally land a punch to her face, a pair of arms are snaked around my waist and I'm lifted off the floor.

I'm being dragged away, but that doesn't stop me from yelling at her. "You messed with the wrong woman, Paige! You better watch your back!"

When the dragging stops, I turn around to see Seth, who has dragged us away from the prying eyes. He holds up both hands. "Don't hurt me."

I frown and try to push past him, but he stops me. I roll my eyes and pull out my phone.

To: Seth, Dean, Nikki, Brie

Just got into an altercation with Paige. Our meeting will be tomorrow before RAW. We're gonna kick this plan into high gear.

"What are you doing?"

"Texting out reminders," I say, pressing send. I give him a nod. "Check your phone."

He pulls it out and reads over it, before looking back at me, raising his eyebrows. "Step Five?"

I smile while nodding. "Step Five."

Thanks to everyone who reads this one, and oh my gosh. It has occurred to me that I am 11 followers away from 100. That may not be a big deal to some people, but it is to me considering I didn't think anyone would follow me when I started this thing. So thank you followers if you're reading this, and thank you future followers. Maybe?

Okay, sorry for my rambling. Continue on with your lives.