Chapter Thirteen

Smile POV.
"Again?". Emma asked, "yes, again ". I replied, "why your house?, What are we doing there". Emma asked, "yes, I would like to understand". Dylan added, "David said we'll meet there". I replied while getting into my car,               "oh right". Dylan replied in finally understanding, and got into the car, "hello...o? I'm still left here in the middle of the road". Emma said, "get in the car Emma". I ordered, she got into the car, "what's going on in your house Smile?". She asked,  so I turned to her to explain, "David said something is off with Summer, so we're going to my house to find out, he just texted me". I explained, I was waiting for an understanding face, but she just moved her face closer to mine and said, "if you had just ignored me and started the car, we wouldn't be in the same spot we were five minutes ago ". She picked up her phone and ignored my face, Dylan is trying hard to hold his laugh. He doesn't want to die.
I started driving, Emma was texting, but it was too loud, I could hear the sound of her keyboard, through the music, I really can't take it anymore, "Emma could you please turn off the sound of your keyboard?". I asked, she didn't reply, "EMMA". I called, since she sitting at the back I couldn't see her, "can you stop by? so we could get ice cream". She said, "no". I replied, "why". She asked, "cause we're kinda in a hurry ". I replied, "we're kinda in a hurry, so let us get ice cream, it won't take long". She suggested, Dylan wasn't paying attention, he was  totally engrossed in his phone, "no Emma, we'll get ice cream later, or Katrina will make some for us" I said, "no, I want ice cream now".  She insisted, I ignored her, until we got to the house.
When we got in, as expected, David was already there, "hey dude". Dylan greeted, but David ignored him, I guess he was all serious, "your sister is upstairs, I didn't bring her home". David said, "so you followed her? stalker". Dylan said, "I'm not a stalker, I just wanted to know". David tried to explain, "know what, what's going on?". Emma asked, but they ignored her, "its not nice to stalk someone, plus, she is your best friend". Dylan said, yeah, he is definitely upset, I should be, I didn't asked him to stalk her, he literally said he would continue his investigation, but I didn't ask what he meant.  "I'm just trying to protect her". David defended, "if you were trying to protect her, you would've asked her, not stalk her". Dylan said, "who is stalking who?". Summer asked from nowhere, "finally!, The protagonist is here". Emma said, "what's going on?". She asked, "why don't you tell us Summer ". David said, she looked at him with a confused face, "what are you talking about?". I walked to Summer, and made her sit on the couch, "Summer, David here thinks you're acting off". I said, I can't just jump into the chase, baby step.
"What?". She asked, "don't deny it Summer, you've been going out with someone". David said, with that looks on her face, she definitely know what Dylan is talking about, but it wasn't just her, Emma had that same expression, ok what's going on here?
"Emma". I called, "yes?". She said, "you look like you know something". Dylan said, "no, I don't". She denied, "ugh!!, We're not talking about Emma, we're talking about Summer here, and she hasn't answered our question". David said, so we turned back to Summer, "I don't know what you are talking about ". She denied, "come clean Summer". Emma said, "seriously ". Summer said, "what, they're going to find out anyways". Emma defended, "we already know...". David said, but Emma cut him off, "that she has been dating for three weeks now ". What!!!.  "I didn't know that ". David confirmed, "oh". Emma said, realizing jer mistake, "Emma, can you quit exposing me? Please ". Summer pleaded,  "Ok, but you know they're going to find out you're dating.....".    "SHUT UP, Emma". Summer cut her off, "I told you, you made a big mistake telling me this". Emma said, "but you told me that right after I gave you my trust". Summer defended, "just tell us who it is, I'm sick and tired of waiting ". I said, "you don't have to know Smile, and you don't want to know ". Summer replied,  "She is right Smile ". Dylan said, he knows?. "You know?". Summer asked, he smirked in reply, "you traitor ". I said, "just say who it is ". David said, looks like she gave up, she closed her eyes, fighting something, I guess.
"Benny  Sharp".