000 - Prologue.Snow

Birds chirped as the sun shone through the cracks of the curtain into a darkened room. The room consisted of a long mahogany table with matching chairs neatly surrounding it. Each corner of the room had unlit oil lamps and the curtains began to be pulled away neatly to allow the sunshine to illuminate the room.

At the edge of the table sat a spiky blonde male with a black pinstripe shirt and an intricate-designed cloak neatly over his shoulders. His orange eyes were sharp and yet kindhearted as he softly smiled. A platinum-blond male stood behind him as he held his arms behind his back. This male wore a dark gray trench coat with a purple-gray dress shirt and black tie peaking out from their coat.

Beyond the two males' vision was their guest... kneeling down before them with loosely-tied silver hair and wearing a slim suit vest matched with a striped black-and-white tie. Their white dress shirt was rolled up and their gray dress pants creased as they kneeled down. They were bowed down before the two across the room.

"Do you know why Alaudi called you in this early morning?" The oranged-eye male spoke with subtleness in his voice. Their guest shook their head, sternly responding back. "No, not at all. I have only been informed to join the conference room on behalf of you, sir."

"No need to be uptight... Please, do take a seat." He chuckled as the guest thanked him before taking the seat opposite the two. "I did tell you to inform them of the details... Was that forgotten?"

The male known as Alaudi only sighed lightly as he gripped his hands together. "Things... have been hectic since Consulenza Esterna Della Famiglia has been formed. You do know how busy it has been ever since you told me of this suggestion, Primo." The oranged-eye male only smiled as his friend.

"That is fine," Primo replied as his hands neatly folded upon the table. "I requested Alaudi to bring you here for a particular reason. Despite this being the near end of my time as Vongola boss, I have seen your tenacity and willpower shine through your work."

His guest bowed greatly at the compliment their family boss has given. "Despite being part of CEDEF, you have shown much prospective power and determination for the Vongola family. The work you have done for us—cleaning our trails and protecting us from afar. It has been decided by the two of us—Alaudi and I, Giotto—that you will be appointed as our last guardian."

Their guest's eyes widened at the words he has mentioned. "Th-This cannot be... I-I cannot take this great of a compliment or role as I am only one of the lesser-known parts of the family." They quickly bowed as their head hit the table and stayed there as their hands are firmly on the table.

"However, this is not an ordinary role. As this is appointed by Alaudi and my standards, the rest of the guardians will not be aware of your existence. I hate to do this as it does not bring us all together, but this will be your task for the family." Primo sighed as he sat up straight, leaning against the chair. "You will protect the Vongola family through means similar to what you have done with Alaudi as your family leader. Keep enemies frozen in their tracks and protect the family from afar. I understand this may not be something you are willing to uptake as this is quite sudden."

"N-Not at all, Sir...!" The guest hastily spoke. "It's just... this announcement is sudden, as you have said. I would need time to think about this...especially since I am not familiar with your full strategies and I may be a burden to you in the end."

"You are not a burden... rather, you have assisted me greatly in the group." The platinum-blond interjected as he, too, eventually sat down diagonally from Giotto. "You have become a wonderful asset to the family that it made me compelled to tell Primo... ironic as it may."

Primo chuckled as he heard his friend slightly out of his normal disposition. "It was interesting to hear that someone piqued his interest, as you see. It was the first to see Alaudi like this." The blond male teased his friend as he continued to speak. "I am reaching a hand out to you, specifically, as you fit the criteria to fill this role. Should you not accept this... it is fine as well. The role will forever be gone as you are the only one able to fulfill this part."

Hearing the main boss speak of how this was important, the guest held their head up to glance at their reactions—sincerity, integrity, and trustworthiness were what was expressed within those sun-like orbs. "I understand as this is a large task for you. I may not know you personally, but hearing Alaudi's commentary of you... I cannot help but be intrigued. Once you have made your decision, do let us know before you leave this room. This will not be spoken amongst anyone but the three present today."

"Sir—no, wait." The guest stood up from their seat, bowing once more before standing straight to look at them. "Vongola Primo... I accept this task presented to me. Should I fall under your expectations, I will present myself for you and the boss to personally rid of me."

"Nonono, the latter of the message will be ignored." Giotto stood up as he waved his hands to disapprove of what his guest has mentioned. "Expectations or not, you are welcomed as part of the family. Those steel gray eyes of yours confirm the decision and commitment of the family."

They only nodded as they smiled at Giotto's kind words. "As of today, you are pointed as our guardian. The one with an approachable ambiance with the dedication to removing those in our way. You are the blizzard that protects the family yet soft to those that are in need."

Both Alaudi and Primo stood up and walked around the table to meet with their newly appointed guardian. Primo held his hand out and the guest accepted the hand. "Welcome to the Vongola family—our Snow Guardian... Alba."