016 - Second Travels

How did this come to be again?

She recalled that she was clearly at home, by herself... in her room. It was mid-afternoon on a Sunday and she was reading up on some intel that just came in. She was supposed to write up a summary for her parents so that way they could continue on the next steps in their job. The report was 20 pages long and she was about halfway done.

Papers from previous summary reports were scrapped and sent into the waste bin in the corner of her bedroom. Multiple Post-it notes were plastered across the bedroom wall as most had words and diagrams scribbled across them. Ayame sat by the desk, facing the scribbled mess she created over the week.

The pen fell to the table with a 'clank' as the female sighed heavily and leaned back against her chair. She was beyond tired after reorganizing the intel for the umpteenth time. She had to make sure that her parents easily understood the information as they were somewhat of a stickler for details.

"Never again..." She dropped her left arm over her eyes as she exhaled. "...am I going to do a report summary like this for them." She wasn't expecting her parents to need the info within the next 48 hours. Deciding that she was not in the right mind to continue, Ayame decided to get up and leave her room.

She needed to do something other than stare at words all morning long. She headed into the kitchen and saw a piece of paper stuck in the refrigerator. It had her name on it, so she removed the magnet and proceeded to read it.

Ayame dear,

We have to leave for a few hours. Sorry for the sudden news. There are some leftovers in the fridge if you're hungry. Thanks for the report in advance!

Mama & Papa

She could only frown as she read the note, pinching the bridge of her nose. First, they give her something they thought she could complete easily... Now, they leave her alone at home? Then again, she was used to this. Her parents tended to do this when they used to live in Italy. It seemed like Akemi and Shin'ya trusted her more than enough to leave her at home.

The young raven peered into the fridge, seeing that the bowl was wrapped neatly, and took that out. Since it was close to noon, she could have a meal and a workout before returning to the papers. The female's hand lightly drummed against her arm as she popped the bowl into the microwave to reheat.

Her mind was preoccupied with organizing the information as the microwave continued to hum. The moment the device stopped humming, she took the bowl out and placed it on the table. She sat down by the table and was about to take her first bite of the meal when she suddenly saw smoke around her. Ayame coughed as she waved the smoke away with her hand.

As the smoke cleared, she noticed that her surroundings were no longer her kitchen and dining room area. It seemed to be more of an isolated room of some sort. The floor was checkerboard-like with black and white tiles while the walls were maroon. A table was placed in the middle of the room and three couches touched the walls, surrounding the table. The entrance to the room was to the right of her and two people were sitting in front and to the left of her.

She recognized the one to her left as she briefly met them during the one mishap a few months ago. It was the same brown-haired male she almost accidentally attacked back then. He was donning the same suit-like attire that she recalled during that moment. In front of her was someone she did not recognize—a male probably around the same age as the brown-haired one, they had glasses and red hair. There wasn't anyone within the intel reports about someone with those features being recognized by the agency.