010 - Kokuyo: Sudden Attack

Ayame didn't sleep well ever since a few nights ago. She was helping her parents gather information about something within Japan. As her parents were one of the few employees that worked within the country, it was challenging to get intel with a limited amount of people. She assisted with whatever she could by taking phone calls and writing information down, going online to search beyond the surface web, and more. The thing that caught her attention while assisting her parents was that there was news from Italy about a prison break but nothing more. She wondered if her parents' boss would be okay as well as the people she knew during her time in that country.

Before she went to bed on the last day of the intel gathering, she heard rumors from within the neighborhood that people were getting attacked. Despite questioning the validity of the rumors, she couldn't be bothered due to the exhaustion she had accumulated the past couple of days. She woke up a bit after sunrise to check the time—it was 5:51 am. The teen groaned as she pried herself off her bed and got ready for the day.

Shin'ya noticed his daughter's behavior as she crossed his view briefly before disappearing into the bathroom. "Akemi," the father called out to his wife and she replied with a hum. "Do you think we may have asked a bit too much the past couple of days?" She stopped what she was doing in the kitchen and glanced back. "She's been in the family business ever since Young Advisor told us to bring her in that one meeting. Although we did tell her that she doesn't need to join our line of business, she voluntarily agreed to help us. I'm sure she'll be okay if she gets plenty of rest."

He contemplated his wife's words before sighing and shrugging his shoulders. "I guess you're right. How long have we been with Young Advisor?" Both glanced up in the area to think for a bit before simultaneously speaking. "Twenty years," and the two chuckled to themselves. "I think it was a bit more than that, but hey. Who's counting?" Akemi drummed her fingers on the countertop as she pondered about the past. "We worked with him before we hit our twenties, no?" Her husband gave an approved hum as he continued reading the early newspapers. "With us being here for Ayame, she should be easily able to assimilate with them."

The adults heard heavy footsteps from the hallway and eventually saw their daughter trudge over to sit by the table. "Morning Mom... Dad..." A yawn escaped as she covered her mouth with the back of her hand. "Good morning, honey. How was sleep?" The mother of the household finished cleaning up and sat down at the table.

"Not too good. I've been tossing and turning." The teen sighed as she took a bite out of her breakfast. "Does this happen a lot when you two work?" The two adults glanced at each other before smiling brightly at their child. "...I don't like how the two of you are looking at me." They only continued to grin at their daughter as she felt very disgusted with the situation.

— — —

Normally, this raven would arrive by 7 in the morning to start her Student Council duties with wrapping up any paperwork and whatnot. With how tired she was, she did not get to the school grounds until 7:34 am. She noticed that the Disciplinary Committee had its members wandering around the school campus more than usual. She thought to herself as to why they are patrolling, she eventually shrugged it off and headed into the building. Taking a few turns, Yukimura eventually reached the Student Council room and sat down as she placed her arms on the table to lay her head down. What was unusual was that she didn't see the new Student Council President or Vice President here. No one from the new Student Council generation was in the room at all.

Her brows furrowed as she sat up in the chair, glancing around. She was appointed as the temporary advisor assistant to the Student Council Committee at the beginning of her senior year. She would normally see the new President and Secretary here by around 7:20 am. The female raven checked the time—it was 7:45 am now. Feeling that something was wrong, she exited the room and glanced outside through the hallway windows.