008 - Crazy Doctor

September finally rolled around and so did the return of the classes. Students roamed through the hallways as the teachers sat in the lounge having their five-minute break before leaving the school vicinity. Everything seemed to be in order... besides the Disciplinary Committee leader beating a delinquent up outside. The female raven glanced through the second-floor window as she saw the skylark on the ground. She gulped as her mind wandered to the what-ifs scenario; that is if she was the one facing the male himself.

Quickly shaking the idea out of her mind, she turned away from the window and proceeded to head to her next destination—the nurse's office. Usually, a student is assisting the school nurse if they require any extra materials such as bandages or medicine. However, the student called out sick and someone had to take inventory. There wasn't any meeting scheduled for the Student Council for the week so she volunteered to take over for the day.

Knocking on the door, she waited for a response from the nurse. Not hearing any noise from within, Ayame opened the door to the nurse's office and peeked in. There seemed to be no one in the room as everything was neatly placed. The only thing that seemed different was the curtains around one of the infirmary beds. All the other bed curtains were open while this one at the end of the room was closed.

Closing the door behind her, she closed in toward the bed and carefully opened the curtains. The female teen was expecting a student or maybe a teacher that was fallen asleep there due for some reason... not a complete stranger. Whoever the male was, they wore a long white coat and had short dark brown hair with some sort of facial hair. Although she didn't get a clear look, the person's hairstyle reminded her a bit of Gokudera's.

Ayame lifted the left side of her skirt a bit to pull out the retractable staff and returned the weapon to its original size. She could never be too cautious as her family is in some dangerous jobs. As the teen was about to whack the male with her metallic staff, they caught her weapon and yawned.

"Is that how you properly say hello to me?" He clutched the staff as he covered his mouth with his right hand. As he finally opened his eyes, he finally saw who was about to assault him—a female with silver eyes. Noticing this detail, he let go of the weapon and grinned mischievously. "Oh? You actually look pretty cute..."

A nasty shiver went down the female's back as she jumped backward. "Who are you?!" The teen demanded as she saw the adult sitting up on the infirmary bed. "Me? Don't need to worry about me... What about you, pretty girl?"

She took another step back, eyeing the infirmary door as she tightened her grip on the weapon. Despite the compliment, she felt fear from within her as she took the third step. "Y-You're not the school nurse... Where's our school nurse?!" She stammered over her words, unsure of what should be done. She doesn't want to destroy any school property as that would make her get onto the skylark's kill list.

"Why are you covering your eyes with that fake accessory? I bet without those, you'll look even more beautiful. How about I give you a kiss..." The creepy male got up and began approaching the teen with weird finger movements.

Instinctively, she ran to open the door and exited the hallway to escape. 'I don't like this male. I don't like this male. He's giving me the creeps. Along with that, it feels like he's not an ordinary doctor either...' Ayame retracted her staff and slipped it back into the leather holder on her leg as she ran down the stairs. 'Is he an assassin toward the Sawada household? Does Reborn know this?'

"Come back, pretty girl~" She heard the male speak as she turned the hallway corner. The female raven was lucky enough to enter a near-empty hallway to escape the creep. Despite that the school hours had ended about half an hour ago, there were still a few students chatting away in the halls. As the ice queen ran past them, the students turned to see who ran only to see the weird adult running past them as well.