018 - Varia: Vongola Rings

"You're the same as always, Superbia Squalo." Three men approached the scene and one held a dark-colored whip in their hands. "Isn't it embarrassing being so rough on kids?" The shaggy blonde-haired male stepped forward as the cowardly teen recognized the adult. The female raven and the blue-eyed male teen glanced toward the adults, seeing that backup arrived in the nick of time. The name sounded very familiar to the female's ears... Where did she hear of the name and when?

"Dino-san!" Surprised at the additional people at the scene, the white-haired male glared at the newcomers. "The bucking horse!?" He never expected that the Cavallone boss would appear here in Japan. If he was here, does that mean this Japanese brat in front of him has connections?

"If you don't stop this distasteful game of yours, I'll be your opponent." The Cavallone boss squinted his eyes at the male known as Squalo. He saw that two of the three teens were beyond injured with the last one trying to be brave against the crazy swordsman. They were not ready to fight against someone like Superbia Squalo; it would be a death sentence.

"Heeey, bucking horse. I have no problem killing you right here. But if I fight people from allied families... The higher-ups will be nagging me." Squalo took a step back as he closed his eyes. "For today, I'll quietly..."

Ayame's instincts kicked in immediately as she felt an ulterior motive from the male. She took a step back, quickly turning to stand behind the two injured teens as she intervened in Squalo's maneuver in grabbing Tsunayoshi. The white-haired male's eyebrow rose as he grabbed the raven's staff. "Guess you're not just for looks, huh?" She was tossed upward into the air in mere moments as her strength was completely overwhelmed.

"Let go of her!" The Cavallone shouted as he sent his bullwhip toward Squalo's hand, however, the white-haired male used his sword to shoot out the small objects. It caused an explosion of smoke and debris which covered the entire area. The female raven fell onto her back, coughing abruptly as smoke overtook her lungs. She wasn't expecting someone to overtake her strength and toss her like a tree branch.

As the smoke dissipated from the mall vicinity, she heard Dino's concern. "Are you guys okay?" Her vision cleared up as she noticed the blonde male kneeling beside her, clearly worried. "For your sake, I'll leave their lives in your hands." The smoke cleared a bit, showing the long-haired male grinning with a hand-sized box in his grasp. "But I'll take this, voiiiii!"

The raven saw the Cavallone's reaction as well as Basil's as the two noticed the box's design. "The Vongola Rings are...!" So her gut feeling was true—the succession for the Vongola Rings was at play, however something else was going on. Squalo briefly glimpsed at the female before dashing away.

Basil wanted to go after them but keeled forward in pain. "Hey, don't move around too much," Dino ordered the young blonde as they held their stomach tightly. Seeing Basil's hurt, Tsuna felt the need to go after Squalo. Reborn speaking caused the male to stop in his tracks. "It's too dangerous to chase after him."

"Reborn!" Tsuna steadied himself on his feet as he stared at the infant. "Why did you just appear now?! Why didn't you help me?!" Reborn turned toward his student with an apathetic expression. "Because I'm not allowed to attack him." His student questioned the lack of explanation of his tutor's behavior. "Because he's a member of the Vongola family too."

"Say what?!" Tsuna slurred his words in anger and confusion as he heard this. "Someone from the Vongola nearly killed me?! What... What is going on?!!" With him being unaware of his lineage truly, it's not all that surprising to be confused.

Sirens began to sound beyond the buildings as the noise got closer and louder. "Boss... It's the cops," Romario hinted at the urgency of the situation. Dino nodded, grabbing the female's hand to pull her up. "Tsuna," Cavallone muttered as he turned to help Basil get up. "We'll talk about that later. I've prepared an unused hospital so let's go."