015 - Kokuyo Aftermath; Surprise

After the whole ordeal within Kokuyo Land and the battle against Rokudo Mukuro, everyone was transported to Namimori Hospital. The Vongola family reserved an entire floor section for the group to recuperate and the discretion to stay away from the public eye. Money didn't mean much as the Familigia had plenty to spare.

The young raven was admitted and told to be bedridden for the next couple of weeks—what she thought to be a broken rib was internal bruising that caused the body pain she had experienced earlier. Plummeted by not only the gigantic metal ball but also the fists of a veteran fighter was not something she had on her bucket list. The doctor told her that she should not move from the bed for a week and stay hospitalized for another week before fully allowing her to leave.

And so... she stayed in the private hospital room assigned to her. Her parents visited her when they got word that she was admitted to Namimori Hospital. Although they supported her decision to assist Young Advisor's son with the capture of the escaped prisoner, Shin'ya and Akemi were still quite worried about their only daughter.

Her parents would stay overnight at the hospital to ensure she would be safe and cared for. However, the teen said otherwise—she felt embarrassed that they were consistently in the room. If the nurses were to bypass her room, they would see her parents with stacks of paperwork and folders throughout the floor and tables. The hospital employees would scold her parents for making the private room a mess, to which they would apologize and clean up by the end of the day.

It was only after four days of convincing them to leave her alone and let her rest in peace eventually. Ayame requested a few items—a novel, a pen, and a notebook, along with a CD player. The novel would allow her to pass time faster; the pen and notebook allowed her to write her thoughts down whether it was insignificant or not; the CD player to listen to something to soothe her mind. Anything to keep herself from reaching boredom until she fully recovered.

— — —

Once she was finally alone, Reborn decided to pop into her room when she least expected it. Surprises were never really something the female raven was a fan of...

Ayame was reading the novel peacefully with the window open when she heard the door open. "Ciaossu!" The infant walked into the room as the door closed behind him. "Reborn...? What are you doing here?" She placed her bookmark into the book and placed the literature on the table beside her.

"Tsuna was neglecting one of his family members so, I came to visit." The female frowned, her eyes narrowed at the hitman as her head tilted off to the side. "What are you talking about Reborn? Don't tell me that I'm considered part of the main Vongola family..." He smiled, jumping onto the hospital stool to sit down. "Are you not?"

"I thought..." She stopped midway through her sentence; her hands clenched the hospital covers. "...members of the intel agency were not allowed to be part of the main group." Ayame looked down at her hands as she released the blanket, and folded her fingers toward her palms. "The intel agency was not supposed to have any power except for the next generation boss. Why should I— out of all the people— be part of the main family, Reborn?"

The hitman pulled out a basket full of fruits and placed it on the bedside table. "I see you have read up on the Vongola history during your time in Italy." His chameleon partner turned himself into a knife as Reborn used him to slice the apples swiftly to give to the female teen. "Yes, that is true to some extent." She softly thanked the infant for the fruit as she listened to his explanation. "You are right when it comes to the intel agency. CEDEF does not have much power when it comes to influencing the main Vongola branch."

He smirked as Leon returned to his normal form and sat back onto the hitman's hat. "What else are you aware of behind the scenes, Ayame? I'm intrigued by what you know." Her brows knitted together as her lips flattened.