[4]

Halfway into the movie Leah brings the bag of snacks over to the coffee table from the kitchen and puts everything out and onto the table. "You know I'm glad shifting changed my body, but it sucks because I could never get into a fight like that girl, not that I ever wanted to, but you know what I mean." Leah says and Bella nods because she knows with Leah's body and strength she'd break bones easily and it wouldn't be a fair fight. It makes her think of that time she was surrounded in Port Angeles by those guys. Leah could've beat the shit out of the guys if it was her who saved her rather than Edward, she thinks and then shakes her head.

"I do know, but no one is saying you couldn't spar with one of the guys and beat the shit out of them. You should train in human form and wolf form to be an efficient protector, right?" Leah looks at Bella and she thinks that the little human is right and she sees the guys sparing all the time.

"They all still see me as a girl." Leah explains and she brings a bag of Doritos from the table and onto her lap.

"They're wolves, but damn aren't they're a bunch of sexist pigs." Bella says and Leah busts out laughing and holding her hand over her mouth since she was chewing chips in her mouth. Bella giggles and leans forward grabbing Leah's glass off the table and holding it out to her.

"Thanks." Leah takes the glass with an amused look and stands up and goes to the kitchen and Bella grabs the remote to pause the movie for her. She hears the faucet run in the kitchen and Bella chuckles because she must have had chewed Doritos all in her hand.

"Sorry." Bella apologetically says when Leah comes back and she grins and waves her off she never looks into Bella's eyes she realizes the whole time they have been together today. It's always in her mouth, over her head, or her ear.

"Don't worry about it Bell's, it was funny and you're not wrong. They think the pack is a boys club that's for sure and some of them still think I shouldn't have shifted since they say their records have never had a female shifter before."

"That's bullshit, because shifting is in your genes, right?" Leah nods and sits down.

"Then it's your birthright and they should get over it and treat you like an equal." Bella says and Leah looks at Bella with a deep stare but does not make eye contact again and the next thing Bella knows Leah is picking Bella up and hugging her.

"Whoa, Leah. A little warning next time." Bella nervously laughs and then she hugs Leah back it's an awkward hug and she shifts her body so that she's straddling the shifter Leah's grip tightens the moment Bella settles back down and Bella hugs her back just as tight.

"I know that I have my mom to talk to about shifter stuff and everything else. I used to talk to Emily before Sam, but we don't talk anymore. There's Joy, but we aren't that close, so I'm glad you know and that I have you in my life Bella. I'm so glad you called me." Leah says and Bella pulls back and puts her hands on Leah's shoulders.

"I'm glad I have you too Leah. To be honest, I called Jacob first since he's kind of my best friend, but I know he wants more than just friendship from me, and now with my head clear and Edward is gone, I can be my true self. What I'm trying to say is that I'm glad it was you that I called next, not that you were ever my second choice." Bella admits while trying to look Leah in the eye, but Leah evades by looking at Bella everywhere except in her eyes and sees the sincerity in her expression.

She can also hear her heartbeat being this close and know she is being truthful and for the first time, she wants to look a person in the eye since she looked everyone on the res in the eye and none of them were her mate. She knows that Bella isn't her imprint.

"Forgive me if I'm wrong." Leah finally says and then leans in and her lips are on Bella's inside she feels excited and she softly puts pressure.  Bella's body stiffens at first and Leah holds still until Bella moans at the same time her body relaxes and Bella feels the tingles and fireworks on her lips. Bella then grabs the back of Leah's head and deepens the kiss Leah smiles and pulls her closer as well and they make out.