[10]

With Bella staying at Leah's house until Monday and going to school from the reservation she gathered enough of her new clothes to take with her before they left.

While Bella was doing that, Leah sprayed the spots in Bella's room that still smelled like vampires with the bleach water she mixed up in a spray bottle yesterday and this time with a rag she scrubbed the area and rinsed the rag every time she reapplied a heavy amount of the cleaner.

"I'm going to bring this down to your car, is it unlocked?" Leah turns towards Bella and sees the bag of clothes and her new backpack.

"Yeah." She says and Bella smiles and leaves the room and Leah gets back to work.

Bella heads downstairs happy and she's glad it's not raining when she steps outside and walks to the car.  When she opens the car door the hairs on her arms stand up and she throws the bag in and turns around sensing a vampire.

"You're different," Victoria says having stopped from snatching the girl and Bella looks at her bright red eyes.

"Yeah, I figured out that fucker Edward was glamouring me and James was right to call me a pet. I wish they never killed James and that he instead killed that lying manipulative prude." Bella says and the house door opens and Bella holds a hand up stopping Leah.

Victoria turns smelling the shifter and she realizes that was why Bella smelt different. She turns so she can look at them both.

"I'm truly sorry about James Vicky, had I not met Edward and lost myself I would have met my true soul mate, Leah," Bella says pointing to the shifter.

"And James wouldn't have made a game of hunting you and he would still be alive." Victoria finishes and Bella nods.

"Yes, I never had any choice when it came to decisions. I don't even like baseball.  I mean come on why would I go to watch vampires play when they move too fast for me to even see? Boring right, but he would just breathe on me and I'd follow like he held an invisible leash."

"Is Bella your mate then?" Victoria asks seeing Leah nod then she walks down the steps keeping her body facing Victoria and she goes to stand next to Bella.

Victoria nods and she relaxes her stance even further when her gift calms down. "I'll admit I came here to kill you for killing my mate but you've made me realize that James did the same thing to me, but if I ever see Edward again I'm going to kill him for what he did to us." She says and Leah looks at Bella to see her smiling and Leah's hand reaches out when Bella starts to walk towards Victoria.

"I'll be fine Leah, I believe her, and she isn't going to kill me," Bella says to her and Victoria grins watching. She knew this human was different but she didn't realize she was stupid too, not that she wanted to hurt the human now that she had something in common with them.

"Well, I don't and I don't want you near her, please Bella, for me," Leah says while keeping one eye on the vampire.

"You're both right. I'm no longer going to kill her, however, Bella, you shouldn't be so stupid to go near any vampires and you've learned that with Edward. You can just tell me what you want right there and I'll answer anything I'm able to." Victoria says surprising Bella and Leah looks at her imprint and watches her nod.

"I wanted to hug you to say sorry, I know you don't feel human any longer but you love the same and if you had any love for James I wanted to give you some comfort I have already said sorry so I wanted to hug you as well," Bella says and Victoria shakes her head.

"I haven't been hugged in a very long time and your words were enough." Victoria said that Bella looked at Leah and gave her a look that said she wanted to be closer to be sure she could activate her change.