[17]

When they enter the counsel building they follow the voices they hear chatting into a small conference room Bella is polite and knocks on the open door announcing their arrival.

The heads of Billy, Sue, Charlie, and old Quil all turn or look up.

"Hey, Bell's." Charlie says smiling at his daughter and she smiles back him surprised to see him here but glad he is.

"Hi Dad, I didn't know you'd be here." She says walking in smiling at him and going to one of the two empty seats across from all of the adults.

"Billy invited me since I know what's going on with you and I was still in the area." He says and she smiles at Billy and right away hands out the sheets skipping her father since he can just look on.  She has one for her and Leah to share and she sits down.

"Those are my plans regardless of any outcome of what happens between Sam and me. I also want it on record that I don't want any leadership over Sam or the wolves, but I'm willing to follow his lead if things go well for the group as a whole. However, I feel very strongly that I will not bow down to any command he will give me. He hasn't tried to command me yet, but I feel that he is very inferior to me and I'm not sure why that is, but as a human I didn't like him and shifting I feel strongly about not wanting to submit to him at all." Bella states looking at each of them as she spoke and they three that support her and know her all nod except Quil and he bangs the table. Bella turns feeling her wolf at the surface knowing her eyes have probably changed yet she hasn't even twitched a muscle to start shaking.

"Was that really necessary. I mean, I commend your strength, but my now sensitive ears would like if you would refrain from doing that again." She says in a controlled and slightly deeper tone still feminine but there is an wild Wolf quality to it. Old Quil's eyes widen, but his look of inferiority is high on his face still.

"You were bitten by a Quileute which by default makes you a Quileute since Leah is your imprint, especially now that you are a shifter. Therefore, young lady you will abide by shifter law and you will listen to your alpha."  Quil says in his old voice and she can hear his heart bounding.

"Now Quil, you can't be making demands of Isabella. She might be one of the people now, but this is new territory and you heard what Sam said." Billy says and Bella hasn't stopped looking at Quil and he of course noticed her different eyes change, but he will not give this up.

"We can't force her and she's willing to follow Sam's lead." Sue says speaking up and Leah smiles nodding to say a nonverbal thanks to her mom.

"How do we even know what she really is? No shifter has ever had this transformation happen. Not even Leah being the first shifter had this change. What if she wasn't fully human to begin with, we all know she ran with the Cullen's and was even bit by one of their kind." Quil says and Bella stands up and her hand goes on the table she leans her body down and is much closer to Quil and looks him straight in the eyes.

"What do you suggest? Do the shifters go by the wolf hierarchy ranking? I know by blood Jacob is rightful Alpha once he shifts but I doubt he will want that title and frankly I can understand why. However, want you want is for me to bow down.  I would sooner fight for the role of alpha, because I won't bow to anyone except my imprint." Bella says not breaking eye contact and she can smell his fear, so she stands up straight and right away Quil looks at Billy.

"I see we're going to have a problem so I'm going to go back with my father and I want you to know Leah's bond was severed from the packs the moment I imprinted on her. So now she's free to come with me, but I won't force her to do that and I'll still have school to finish if I'm allowed to go here?" Bella says and she reaches her hand out for Leah who's smiles a huge proud smile and takes it standing up.