Chapter 2: First Encounter

The whole week was just a boring one. Our professors from our different subjects just gave us an introduction and requirements for their subject.

I also made some acquaintances, but not much of a friend. Just to ask them what were the requirements that I forgot to write down or I didn't listen to.

School is just like the society we live in, but in a different way. I know it sounds contradicting but we just make friends just to survive or get what we wanted out of them.

I got this thinking when I was just in grade school. I thought that those who surrounds me, and kind to me are my friends. I trusted them, help them when they are in need. But in the end, I was the one left alone. When they don't get what they want from me, they just left me there just like a piece of trash. That's why I don't easily call those strangers that I have just met a "friend". For me it's a big word.

Today is Sunday, I've got nothing to do during weekends. I usually wake up late, eat, watch some t.v shows and listen to music.

I know my way of living during the weekends are boring. But that's just fine with me. I'm used to being alone. I'm not an outdoor type.

I was watching a t.v show when a trailer of some movie came up. It's an action kind of movie. It caught my attention and the voice over state that it is from a trilogy book. I'm into watching but it's another experience when you read the book. I noted myself that later I will go to the bookstore to look for that book. It quite took my interest.

When the show I was watching ended, I got up, ate brunch, it's the short term for breakfast and lunch and go to my room and took a bath.

After that, I got into my jeans, v-neck white tees and a high cut rubber shoes that have a hidden pump like heels. This made me a little taller without noticing the heels. I'm not into girly high heels, but this one is very comfortable to wear.
Before I got out of my apartment, I wore my jacket.

I don't worry about someone waiting for me to get home. My mom works overseas. I live in an apartment alone, not that small nor big for me, but it's just right for me. I don't know where is my dad, but I grew up without him so I'm used to it. When someone asks me about my dad, I just answer them "I don't know" non-chalantly and they just accept my answer and didn't bother to ask more question about it.

After a 10-minute walk, I reached the bookstore. I roam around the store and luckily, I found the books! I purchased them and got out of the store.

I remembered that my food supply is running out so I went to a grocery store, or some convenience store.

As I entered the store, a "ding" sounded.

A familiar voice greeted me energetically. "Welcome to Suzuki's!"

I looked over to the counter to assure myself that she really is Rina, my classmate. Eventhough she has not yet looked over to where I entered from, because she was busy doing something, she wears that warm and friendly smile.

Finally she look over to me, and somewhat changed her facial expression from a jolly one to a puzzling one. After that she once smiled again. I think she had just recognized me. What do I expect. I just walked to the shelves, find all the things I needed. I got a tray of eggs, bread, a couple of instant noodles, two bottles of soy milk, and ofcourse some snacks.

When I am contented with the food I've chosen, now I just have to pay for these.

As I walked to the counter, she still wore that smile. Her smile is kind of infectious that made me smile a bit.

I put down all the things on the counter.

"Is this all?" Rina asked me, I just nodded.

As she was scanning the things, she spoke up. "You look a bit. . . taller today, uh no offense meant." She chuckled nervously.