Chapter 3: On our Way Home

I put Ryuji's notes in my bag, and make my way out. I really want to go home. I will slump myself to bed, the moment I get home. I noted to myself.

Anna called out to me when I was descending from the stairs. She walked fast to me and stopped while catching her breath.

She's one weak girl. I said to myself.

"Hey, Haru. I thought we're going home with Rina and the others?" She asked still panthing.
"Oh." That's all I replied. When did I get so forgettable about things? "I'm sorry I was just so eager to get home, I forgot." then I chuckled.
"Argh, you're always eager to get home. I think the places you only go to are school and your house." She's not that mad, I guess, but she looks disappointed?
But then I replied, "Ok ok, I'll wait for you guys down the lockers, ok? But you guys better hurry." She nodded, and assured me they will follow quickly.

I got to my locker, put on my shoes, and I wait for them.

It's been a while since I waited for someone.
As I was waiting for them, I felt very awkward. Because when students pass by, they look at me with their pitiful eyes.

What's pitiful on waiting for someone? Argh, people these days. I just put on my headphones on. Atlast! It's about time. I saw Anna with Rina and the others making their way down.

They headed straight to their lockers, put their shoes on, and headed towards me. I haven't removed my headset yet, so I can't hear what they are saying.

Heading our way out of the school, Rina tapped my shoulder catching my attention. I removed my headset, looked at her with my questioning look.
"Yes?" I said as I eyed her.

But before Rina could answer me, Mami cut her off. "Rina asks if it's ok to go to one of the crepé shop. Don't worry, her treat." Then she smiled like there's no tomorrow. Mami then, chuckled to what Tomomi said.
"You really are a glutton." Mami said then playfully shook her head.

I returned my attention to Rina and as a reply to her earlier suggestion I said It's fine with me. She smiled and we made our way to the shop. After 5 or so minutes of walking, we reached the shop. Rina asked what flavor we like, then she headed to the counter and ordered. I followed her and offer her my help.

This shop is a self-service so Rina will have difficulty if she's the only one who's going to bring six crepés at our table.

"Thanks, I really thought I will go solo on bringing these to our table." She chuckled.
"No prob, what's the occassion anyways?" I asked her, as we get close to out table.
"Nothing, I just feel like treating you guys here." She replied then smile. She handed the crepés to Mami and Tomomi, while I handed the remaining two to Anna and Yoko.

Tomomi looked like a 5-year old who has been bought a crepé for the first time. Mami looked amused while watching Tomomi dig in.

Anna and Yoko initiated the chit chats that made the table a little less silent.

We finished eating up our crepés, so we headed to our way. While we are walking, they do most of the chatting, while I laugh along when something funny is brought up. I gradually feel comfortable around them. But still, I have to look out incase this comfotability will just turn out like what I have experienced from my "friends" in gradeschool.

After 5 minutes or so, Tomomi, Mami and Yoko parted with us. That leaves Rina, Anna and Me, walking together. Anna's house just right around the corner, just a block from where the other three parted. So that means, Rina and I will be walking together the last.

We reached the block where Anna's house is. "See you tomorrow guys! And Rina, Thank you for the treat! Bye!" Anna waved at us while taking her way.