Chapter 9: A Journey for a Gift

The weekdays had gone so fast, I have already decided what I will give to my friends, except Rina. I haven't thought of something yet.

Ofcourse I already know her likes and dislikes on things, but that doesn't mean that I already know what she would like surely.

I'm already here at the mall, I've got all the gifts for Mami, Tomomi, Anna and Yoko. Ofcourse I also got something for my grandparents. For my mom, I sent her a letter with a photo of us when she's still here in Tokyo.

It's a picture of us when I was still in middle school. With my grandparents and Mom, under the mild pouring of snow we are all smiling. It's great picture for me actually.

Anyways, cutting out the dramatic scene, because Christmas is in 2 days time, there are many people who are looking and buying gifts, just like me. That made my gift hunting for Rina, more difficult.

I think I just got a hundred laps on this mall just to find a gift for Rina. It's almost past lunch time. My stomach grumble indicating that I am hungry.

What could be more appetizing with the cold weather and an empty stomach? You're right, Ramen!

I went to a Ramen house just right around the mall. Surprisingly there are less people than I expected. I took a seat, and then a waiter took my order.

After a few minutes that felt like years, because of the state of my stomach ofcourse, my order arrived.

The aroma of the broth welcomingly entered my nose. As I put the ramen in my mouth, the flavor burst on my palate, wanting me for more. I slurrped the ramen eventhough it's hot. After that, I drank the broth that made me think I can eat another one or two more bowls of ramen. This gift hunting worn me out. It's like the last drop of my energy has been poured on this journey.

When I'm satisfied and full of ramen energy, my adventure continued.

I walked, turn my head left and right in search for something that myself doesn't know.

When I turned my head, there is something that caught my attention.

It's a leather bracelet that is half an inch wide with braided leather attach along with it. There are some rings that is attached through the bracelet on each side of the main design of the bracelet which is the chromium acoustic guitar. It's simple but cool. I looked for the pricetag.

My amazement from the bracelet fell when I saw the price. Ofcourse I can afford it, but it's out of my budget this time. Because of the gifts I've brought for my friends and grandparents, my earnings is just enough for them. Ironic that I can't afford to buy myself a gift.

I face my back to the store, to continue my gift hunting for Rina, I was surprised when I faced the person whom I currently looking for a gift.

Yes, it's Rina.

Why do we always bump into each other every weekend at the mall? Is this some kind of destiny? Nah, I think destiny is just playing a joke on me.

Rina smiled at me, then looked past at me to see what I was staring back at the store.

"Looks like you're shopping for gifts?" It's either a question or a statement, but nonetheless, I answered her hesitantly.

"Uhh, yeah" I chuckled nervously. I tried to hide the things I've bought for the girls and my grandparents.
Rina noticed my action.
"Don't worry, I won't peek at your gifts." She smiled at me reassuring.
"Anyways, what are you looking at earlier?" She asked me.

I turned around to see the bracelet then back to Rina.
"Nothing" I said, "some bracelet, but I just took a look to see the details" I added then smiled at her.

"Is that so?" She tilted her head a bit. She's like a curious child with those big eyes and pouty lips.
Wait, stop checking your friend out Haruna! You're making yourself look like a creep.

"Ahm, what are you doing here anyways?" I asked her.

She brought her right arm up, now I can see the shopping bags.

"Oh, gift shopping too" I said in a duh tone. "That's all?" I asked. "Well, I mean. Don't you got some gifts for your siblings and your parents?" I added.

She giggled. "I already got their gifts." She patted her chin with her fingers, "I think I got their gifts last week ago. This one is for you guys" she smiled.

Now I'm pressured on what I will give her. She already got ours. Well I'm not assuming that I'm included with her gifts.

"Honestly. . ." Rina cut my conversation on my head. "The gifts I have is for the four girls. Kind of awkward but, I haven't figured out what I should give you." She told me hesitantly.

Well I guess we're on the same boat.

I laughed,"Well then, we're on the same situation." Then my laugh turned into giggle. "But anything's fine with me. If you're thinking that I might not like what you have for me." As long as it's from you. I said in my mind.

"Ok then" Rina smiled in relief. "Well, same with me. As long as it's from you. I'll accept it with all my gratitude." She replied enthusiastically.
"Why don't we walk to some stores, we might find something for each other." She suggested.

I would like to agree with her suggestion, but I want my gift to be a surprise for her. So that made me to a desicion to decline to her suggestion. This will be difficult.

"I would like to but, where's the element of surprise when you already see your gift before christmas?" I said while smiling at her.

She paused, then think for awhile. I thought Isaw her eyes tink with sadness but in a mere second her eyes is back to her normal tantilizing eyes.

"You're right," she giggled."well, nice seeing you around, see you on the holidays, and goodluck on finding my gift" she waved at me the vanished from the thick crowd.

I didn't even have the chance to reply to her.

Well, it's nice to see her this weekend. Eventhough we're together for minutes, I had a great time talking with her.

I came to a store with different merchandise. I walked up to every single stalls or shelves.

Then a memory came. Back on the times that Rina and I are having text messages with random topics that turned to our exchange of information about our likes and dislikes.

After that flashback, my lips curved into a smile then picked up the thing that surely Rina will love.

I paid for the item, then requested the staff to wrap it up in a gift wrapper.

I left the mall satisfied with the gifts I've got for them. Especially Rina. I just hope my intuition about this gift I chose is right.

-----------------
Oooooh! What did Haru got for Rina? Guess guess guess????

Yeah I know it's short.

Ok guys, thank you for your reads. I just hope you're enjoying the story and ofcourse the chapters. I really want to know what you are feeling towards my story.

Hmmm. . .anything else you might say? That's all I guess. Sooooo. . . Have a nice day guys!
~OchiDochi

Vote?Comment?