Chapter 11: Christmas Day

I got out from my room to tell my grandparents that I have somewhere to go. But as the moment I got out, I saw grandma.

"Looks like you have plans, am I right?"she asked warmly smiling at me. It looks like there's a meaning behind her smile.

"Oh, sorry grandma. I forgot to tell you, My friends and I are going out today. That's ok, right?" Seeking for approval.

But I know my grandma, she approve of everything as long as it's safe and all.

"Ofcourse dear" she said.

I hugged her and promised to be back later this evening.

I went back to my room, then got into my clothes which is a white buttoned up shirt and because it's still cold outside, I put over a grey sweatshirt that has a print on it then my usual jeans and a sneakers.

I got my bag where all the gifts are. Then once again, I got out of my room, and out of the house.

Before I continue to walk, I realized that we haven't talked about the meeting place so I texted the girls.

My phone beeped and I looked for the sender. It was from Mami.

We'll meet at Rina's, see you. Still preparing ^_^

I replied her an "ok" then continue to walk to my destination.

Wait, at Rina's?!

Oh, haruna. Why do you keep on reacting on things so late??

I guess I have nowhere to go. It's still cold so I really have to go to Rina's place.

After a few minutes, I already saw her house. I am now at her gate and as of the moment I'm debating with myself if I should continue this and just ring the doorbell.

A cool wind swept my hair onto my face and that made me shiver.

I have no other choice so I pushed the doorbell then wait for someone to come. But after a few minutes, there's no one answering the door. I pushed the doorbell again and atlast, someone answered it.

The girl looked like 2-3 years younger than me. I guess she's Rina's younger sister.

The girl spoke up, "yes?"

I almost forgot to introduce myself.
"I'm Haruna, ahm Rina's friend."
I replied.

"Oh, sorry! Come in" she said cautiously.

"Rina!!!! Your friend's here!" She shouted.

Wow, she have a big voice for such a small body.

I started to put off my shoes when I heard a voice of a man.

"Natsuna, don't shout. Your baby brother might wake up." Then he saw me and smile.
"Oh, hello there. I'm Rina's father. Sorry about Natsuna." Then he warmly smiled at me. "Come on in." He added.

"Thank You, sir. I'm Haruna, Haruna Ono and sorry for the intrusion." I hesitantly smiled.

"No, it's ok. Take a seat. I'll just ask my wife to make a tea. I bet it's still cold outside." He said.

"Thank you, sir" I thanked.

I sat on their couch, I looked around the room.

The usual homey interior for a big family. Many pictures of the family, with relatives, and solo pictures.

Because curiosity took the best of me, I walked near the solo picture of each member of the household. There's a picture of Rina's mom and dad, Natsuna when she's still an infant, and Rina's three other siblings.