Chapter 14: Spring of Feelings

I clutched my blazer tighter as I walk to school. Eventhough spring is just around the corner, I still felt chilly in this weather.

Earlier this morning, I woke up with such heaviness in my body. Ironic that winter is coming to it's end and now I'm feeling ill. I still pushed myself to go to school because I don't want to miss any activities or lessons. Another thing is, it's Friday so I can still get my rest after this day.

As I can see the gates of the school, I hear stomping of feet approaching. Sounds like someone's running late. I was about to turn and look who are the ones approaching, but so much to my surprise, two bodies collided to me.

It's a good thing they still clung to me when they decided to surprise me in that manner. If not, I would now be on my behind sitting on the streets.

As expected, the two bodies are Mami and Tomomi. Their arms are still on my shoulders. The duo have their cheshire cat smiles and now I'm looking at them in confusion.

"I missed you sooo much, Haru! How are you?!" Tomomi asked me with her high pitched voice.

I looked at her confused then decided to answer back.
"Uhh, I'm good?" Well it doesn't sound like an answer.

Mami flicked Tomomi's forehead that made Tomomi flinch.

"Hey! What's that for?!" Tomomi whined.
Mami just chuckled at Tomomi's response.
"You're asking Haruna how is she when we just spent New Year together" she paused.
"And another thing, we've been seeing each other's faces for almost a week now. Obviously because we have classes." She added.
Tomomi just pouted at Mami.

Yes, I spend the New Year with the girls. Well, specifically with Mami, Tomomi and Rina. Anna and Yoko left the town because their family will spend their New Year with their relatives outside of Tokyo, that's what they've said.

-----
"Hey guys! What are your plans this coming New Year?" Tomomi asked us while walking backwards eyeing each one of us.

We just went to a park earlier and now we're going home because it's getting late.

We've been spending almost the whole schoolbreak with each other but I don't mind it. Actually, I am enjoying this set up. I never spent my schoolbreak outside my room or outside my grandparents' house.

After the Christmas get together we had, we got together after a few days and went to different places in Tokyo. We went food tripping, ofcourse with the suggestion of Tomomi. We just had it around the place. Then Mami suggested to go in Akihabara to buy something which Anna agreed to in a flash. Those two can be AkiBuddies they really know where to buy what they needed and where they can get a discount.

Rina, Yoko and I kind of just go with the suggestion of the other three. But I thought either Rina or Yoko will also suggest something because obviously, I don't know where to go because I haven't "explored" so much in my younger years. Well I've been to places but I already forgot how to get there and all.

"It's obvious, Timo. They're going to see the Fireworks display, silly" Mami replied while pinching Tomomi's nose which she gained a pout from her. That's a cute scene. I smiled at their gestures while the others giggled at the duo.

"Why don't we go together? We can also wear Yukata! That'll be fun right?" Rina chimed in that made Tomomi back on her cheery mood then went over to Rina and clung their arms.
"That's a great idea!" Tomomi responded while smiling widely.
"What do you think guys?" She added.

Tomomi and Rina looked at Mami first.
"Ok, I'm in." Mami sighed in defeat.
Then they turn their glances at Anna and Yoko.
"I think I'll have to pass."
"Sorry, pass."
Anna and Yoko answered simultaneously.